Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ellowyn Naninger, Rock Gnome Nature Cleric

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn Naninger, Rock Gnome Nature Cleric Ec9f7d10
Ellowyn Naninger, Rock Gnome Nature Cleric 18607d10

Name: Ellowyn Naninger

Race
: Rock Gnome

Class: Nature Cleric

Appearance: top image for general everyday look bottom images clothes for a slightly more formal situation

Around 4'7" (tall for a gnome) chubby, brass skin copper eyes and golden hair, long and wavy almost always in a large bun on the top of their head. They tend to wear their armour with varying lightweight traveling cloaks depending on location for next client as they move around a lot everywhere from the slums to the sun district.

Ellowyn's right knee is held in place by a copper looking brace and they have a set of leather and metal wrist splints on both wrists. When they aren't wearing their cloak you can see under their shirt some of the straps of a leather brace under their clothes. This brace helps hold their back in a comfortable position due to an old break from a fall in their youth. It left them with some chronic pain mainly in their back and ribs that they deal with using muscle relaxant tinctures.

Personality: serious but friendly has a slightly prickly initial impression but it lessens as they trust folk more. Very aware of the darker side of life but chooses to actively try to make things better. originally from outside the city but moved here when they heard of the various needs of the citizens and wanted to help them.

Religion: Technically Ellowyn's deity is Ehlonna, goddess of forests, woodlands, flora, and fauna but they have been known to pay homage to all the gods just because it's polite and it's a good place to start looking for people who need help why not help provide a "miracle" of sorts. A particular favorite of Ellowyns is Hamity's shrine because it's a hive of activity and who doesn't like good soak to ease pain?

Commonly Known: Ellowyn travels the city providing aid to as many folk in need as possible. There are rumours that they come from distant barbarous lands that they had to run for their lives from. Others that say they survived a plague through mechanical Arts unknown to all but the svirfneblin (deep gnomes). The wildest rumor that Ellowyn has ever heard about themselves is that they are actually more automata than gnome. What is most commonly known is that they are a good listener and an even better secret keeper. Its perhaps this skill that gives Ellowyn that air of mystery.

Uncommonly Known: they spent years in the wilderness coming to terms with their body, after the accident relearning some of the most basic skills and learning that nature usually provides an elegant solution to most of life's problems. They also learnt a lot about the inner workings of multiple forms of life to help or to harm.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Ellowyn Naninger, Rock Gnome Nature Cleric Marta_10

Appearance: Human-halfling hybrid on the taller side of halfling and shorter side of human. White hair pulled back into a plait. A complicated harness of straps and metal which makes it look like she's wearing a metal corset outside her clothes. Expensive outer robe and a fine cane.

History: Marta Agosti has been married to a sailor, a merchant, and a council elder in that order, and with some overlap between. Though she is elderly, wrinkled, and hunched, it is possible to see in her piercing eyes and fierce smile the formidable beauty she was in her prime. Marta has surely been told 'no' before in her life, but it is impossible to believe she allowed such a tiny little word to deter her. If personalities were weather, hers would be a hurricane.

Her spine, twisted almost from birth, has only curved more with each passing year. She walks with the aid of an expensive cane that declares her wealth, and wears over her clothes and under her cloak a custom back brace made for her by Ellowyn. The brace has metal for support and leather straps for breathing room; the straps must be replaced regularly as the leather loses its spring over time.

When Ellowyn died, Marta swept into the city morgue and claimed the body through sheer force of will and the greasing of a few hands with coin. She directed the body be taken to the Temple of Yondalla and paid for Ellowyn's resurrection herself. This expensive gift of life is not without strings; Marta is determined that Ellowyn pay her back in free maintenance of her brace and cane.

Visits to Marta to maintain her equipment often result in new jobs. Marta has a way of talking up the little gnome to her elderly friends and relations in need of assistive devices, and sending Ellowyn off to meet with them after she's laid the foundations. These jobs are not free, and in this respect Ellowyn's relationship with Marta is highly lucrative.

Other Details: Marta is a faithful worshiper of Yondalla, but has a soft spot for Lastai and Lirr. She will not even set foot in the temples of the male gods, however. Though Ellowyn is not aware of this, Marta has written the little gnome cleric into her will.

(Marta's NPC post is here.)

Griffin

Griffin
If Songbird were to set up an IC forum, what would you think of doing a quick background scene, to establish how they know each other?

Roocifer

Roocifer
IC?

If it isn't extra work for anyone then I would be down but wouldn't want to be a pain.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
In-Character. :)

Griffin, I'll get on it; just be a minute. No problem.

Sent from Topic'it App

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Griffin, I added forums for several commonly accessible areas. Go nuts. :)

(I assume you'll run into each other at the market or temple.)

Griffin

Griffin
Now I get to find out whether or not I can access the forum on my work computer, lol. If so I'll start a scene shortly; if not it'll be a few hours!

Griffin

Griffin

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Contact has been added to the post above, and a scene opened here.

beardyblue

beardyblue
I should have piped up sooner, but I am really excited to meet Ellowyn and get to know them. Their story sounds really cool and interesting. Great work, Roo! And really cool images you found! =)

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
Very interesting! Given the scene unfolding on Father's front lawn, so to speak, I think he may at least recognize Ellowyn's face as a frequenter of the temple. Probably never spoken to them directly though. Thoughts?

Roocifer

Roocifer
Perhaps the odd nod and you've seen them look your way a few times but nothing obvious.

However Ellowyn has definitely noticed Rik.

Griffin

Griffin
WELP I HOPE ELLOWYN DOESN'T HAVE, LIKE, "NO TOUCHY" ISSUES OR ANYTHING

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum