Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard 3c76ee10
Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard 795068fb6c707ed02351f3fc25118b35

My accomplice is out of the country at the moment so some things aren't nailed down, but, here's the So Far. First picture for vibe reference, second for more physical one. Although if Songbird allows it, I would like my familiar to swap its shape around (this would have no mechanical benefit, I'd pick a familiar from the list, just reskinned to weird things because it's been hanging out with Chimeras). I am picturing the default as the weird griffin in the first image. It pleases me.

Name: Thimblewhick (Thimb) TBD

Race: Gnome?

Personality: Not unlike Steve Irwin. Excitable, loves all creatures, even (especially) the deadly scary ones. She's also pretty psyched to be In The Family Business because it means she gets to do things like breed chimeras! And then she gets to pet them! Which... is kind of how she died, true, but! It wasn't Cid's fault! He wasn't expecting to sprout a scorpion tail anymore than she was! And if she had just sprouted such a thing she's confident she'd flail around in terror at first, too! She's glad they didn't put him down while she was dead, but is ashamed to confess that she's had a harder time being near Cid (her baby!) since The Incident.

Religion: She works with clerics- well, she sells to clerics, so it feels wrong to be agnostic, but... she kind of is. She respects all (most) of the gods, she get's they're around and is glad they're helping out, but doesn't have much of a personal relationship with them. Sort of like your distant cousin's spouse. They seem nice enough, and they seem to make people you care about happy, but you've never had the chance to really get to know them yourself, you know? After being resurrected she's been thinking about religion more, especially since the clerics have been cagey about how she was brought back, exactly.

2Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Zasrei10

Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Zasrei11

Appearance: Quarter-elf, quarter-halfling, quarter-orc, quarter-human, and quarter-dragonborn all add up to dashing. Indeterminate age, but not as young as he used to be. Tall and wiry, with several prominent scars from that misspent youth; not as many of them are from chimera as you might think. Sexy to a fault, with the additional fault that it's clearly very important to him that the ladies find him sexy. Which ladies? All of them. All the ladies.

History: Zasrein (who probably isn't 'Zazzy' to his friends, despite his insistence that he is) traded in his old body and old name a few years back for shiny new ones which matched his gender better, and he's never been happier than the day he got to migrate from Neat Aunt to Cool Uncle.

As Cool Uncle of the extended family of chimera ranchers, it's his job to run errands, deal with suppliers, manage customer expectations (read: stand toe-to-toe with the wizards when they get shouty), pay bills, and convey marching orders from the straight-laced matriarch of the family, Grandmother Prendwyn. He also works to keep the youngsters safe and well, which isn't an easy task in a sprawling polyamorous community focused on raising magical aberrations of nature. In practice his job is a delicate balancing act of delegation and diplomacy.

The Zazster's personality can best be described as ebullient, though the family members who know him best may suspect that at least some of his never-ending cheer is another useful tool that gets him through his demanding job without breaking any laws. Well, any more than necessary.

Other Details: Z-man still feels awful about the accident which took Thimblewick. He was the one who convinced the family not to put Cid down as irretrievably dangerous, and he organized the resurrections for both Thimblewick and (later) Jarek. Grandmother Prendwyn wasn't thrilled by the loss of so much money--even the richest families in Brilight would blink at the cost of two resurrection purchases in one year--but she's never quite been able to say no to the most troublesome of her four sons.

(Zazzle's NPC post is here.)

3Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Oooo oh my gosh I love her she is so adorable. Despite my deep loathing of Steve Irwin I imagine a different and in my opinion better nature Steve, Steve backshall

But I do not begrudge you Steve Irwin he just got on my nerves.

But either way thimb is adorable af

4Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
I was really struggling to find art that fit her vibe, and stumbled upon a bunch of witchsona art, and then found that first image and I didn't realize I had been looking for that exact image, but I had been.

5Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:23 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
I really, genuinely can't wait to learn all about this chimera farming stuff. It's such a cool, unique, and interesting idea. And the images you picked are awesome! Also, I love that this party is flush with cool ass gnomes. Excited to see the dynamic between Thimblewhick and Jarek, either. Great stuff!! =)

6Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Uncle Zaz is finally up! Sorry that took so long! And there's a thread here!

7Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
I am calling him nothing but Zazzy or Zazzels. Also cackling because the first image is one Trevor used for his poor angry nerd wizard in another game we played.

8Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Oh my god.

I'd ask what are the odds that I'd reuse character pictures, but it seems to happen every game so the observed odds are 100%, lolsob.

Sent from Topic'it App

9Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
UNCLE ZAZ OMG

10Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Oh my gosh the thread y'all got going on with zazzles is fecking adorable!!

11Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Hamish10

Name: Hamish
Appearance: Depends on the day, but fairly consistently has wings and it about the size of a cat.
Likes: Snacks, scritches, sunbeams, shinies, Thimb, Jarek/when Jarek let's them ride on his shoulder
Dislikes: Not being allowed to sleep in the bed, Spetunia (one of the barn cats, she knows why), mean people, raisins.

Hamish was first summoned using not owl feathers, but chimera feathers, because that was all Thimb could get her hands on at the time and she couldn't contain her excitement enough to wait a few days. As a result, rather than an owl so fluffy it was a perfect orb, she got a weird cat, owl, dog.... thing? That she then named Hamish. Hamish discovered fairly quickly that they could shift their form about, although sometimes it happened without their meaning or wanting to, because of this. Other wizards upon hearing about Thimb's mistake have tried it without the same result, which makes Hamish feel real special.

12Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Empty Re: Thimblewhick, Gnome Wizard Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:44 pm

fruitbat

Who's a good blasphemy against nature? Is it you? It is you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum