Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Search for Skamos (Sunrise, Glen, Sithani)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Griffin

Griffin
"The boy is grateful - and loyal - to those who helped him while he was in hiding," she explains. "The ones who found him a safe place. The ones who protected him." She taps her cards on the table. "The man who brought him messages and supplies."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks at the other figures at the table to size them up in the event that the Boss doesn't like Sunrise's request, masking it as trying to read how good their cards are based on their faces.

fruitbat

Sithani raises her bid as if they're having a normal, pleasant conversation with no stakes.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The Boss considers her for a long and quiet moment, pulling a long drag on his cigar and weighing his options with quiet interest. "And you think I have someone like that," he observes in a neutral tone.

fruitbat

<Are you reading his thoughts at the moment?> Sithani asks Sunrise.

Griffin

Griffin
"Goodness, you make me sound so accusatory," she murmurs in a mild tone, not looking up as she rearranges her hand. "Let us say... I have reason to believe 'someone like that' may have encountered misfortune in this part of town. I'm certain this news distresses you as much as it does me and the gentleman we are discussing. I feel confident, however, that a man of your abilities and resourcefulness should be able to find him and deliver him to us without much difficulty; it is, after all, your territory."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
This draws a warm chuckle, smooth as expensive bourbon. "Your faith in me is flattering. Should I find such a person in my territory and correct all his misfortunes, where would the council-heir like him delivered?"

Griffin

Griffin
She shrugs, leaning back. "We'll be here a while, won't we? Surely it couldn't take that long."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Laughing, he mirrors her movements, leaning back in his own chair and studying them with a grin. Snapping a finger at Violet, she rises quietly from her seat and leaves the room while one of the servers moves around the table refilling drinks.

"I like you, songbird," the Boss decides with a grin. "Is it true you live in a gilded sunside cage?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen stares at his cards impassively, plotting his next moves while Violet is away from the table.

Griffin

Griffin
"Are you calling me a pet?" Her eyes dance as she regards him. "It's only a cage if it keeps you constrained."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Are you not?" he counters, genuine curiosity in his voice; she seems to intrigue him. "No one here would blame you if you were. Pets can have power of their own, you know."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen listens to their conversation, a relatively bored expression on his face.

Griffin

Griffin
She looks amused. "Ah, now you're being philosophical. Are any of us truly our own masters? How can we know for sure?" She smiles. "Ask me in ten years, perhaps."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Chuckling, he lays down another card and takes the pile again; though it's probably a fair guess that the others may not be playing at their best, he is unusually good at the game. "I'm only a philosopher on my off-days. You do sing, though, yes? I've seen the posters from the last concert. Didn't have a chance to attend, I'm afraid."

Griffin

Griffin
She tilts her head. "You missed out; it was a good one."

She relaxes as the next hand is dealt, some of her businesslike demeanor slipping away. "So. You have my name; what should I call you?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Name's Boss," he informs her with a chuckle. "Some people find it a bit context-dependant, I know, but I'm fond of it."

Griffin

Griffin
She raises one amused eyebrow. "Oh, well, in that case I misspoke earlier; my name is actually Your Majesty."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I knew a Majesty once," he muses with a grin. "Lovely girl. Quite tall."

Griffin

Griffin
"You'd almost have to be, to pull off a name like that." She nods to her companions. "Sithani. Glynlen. And..." She turns a sudden dazzling smile on the woman she encountered earlier. "We were never properly introduced."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The young woman starts at being suddenly addressed, but nods politely. "Um. I'm Shantai?" Boss makes a little 'go ahead' movement with his hand and she relaxes. "I, uh, passed your message along. I mean. That day."

fruitbat

In response to her "Your Majesty" quip, Sithani telepathically asks Sunrise, <How does one go about worshipping you as a goddess? Asking for a friend.>

When Sunrise introduces her, she smiles politely at Boss. "Always a pleasure to meet less ossified nobles."

Griffin

Griffin
Finally, a telepathic message she can make at least some response to; Sunrise shoots Sithani an unrepentant grin.

To Shantai she nods. "Much appreciated. It was refreshing to speak to someone sensible in the midst of all that chaos."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen gives a polite nod. "You can call me Glen, he of the Silverwoods. Nice to meet you." Struggling to find something to add to the conversation, he goes back to looking at his cards for a moment. Then, feeling somewhat sheepish, he looks back up. "I, uh, hope your people are alright. I know that I put a few arrows into a couple of them. I'm... sorry." He doesn't really know how to apologize for something that he's not exactly sorry for, but at the same time, if they thought that the companions were trying to hurt Thorn, then they were trying to protect him, in their own way.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Boss nods in an approving way at this. "Well. Everyone was a bit hot-headed that day, including our own. Violent orcs in our territory gets everyone riled, you understand. But we're willing to let bygones be bygones. Nobody was injured so badly they couldn't be patched up after."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum