Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Homecoming Dance (Ka'Ri, Glen, and Sunrise)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri takes a little time to make it back to Veshti's. She had to take a detour with Ellowyn and while the conversation was raw, it had helped her process through some of the more... imperative emotions so she could reset herself back for work. As such, she appeared something of a mess. Her eyes were red and puffy and she seemed distant and pensive as she re-entered the large manor belonging to Veshti.

Taking a deep breath to reset and greets the staff by the door pleasantly before making her way to where Veshti told her to be for the dressing. She tries her hardest to plaster on a smile, trying to infuse it with as much genuineness as she can muster as she wants to thank Veshti again for her generous gift. With one last deep breath, she enters into the room, making her way towards the chair to have her makeup applied, silently hoping it can do miracles and looks around for Veshti or any of the others.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise comes back at roughly the same time, having had her own conversations after the meeting. She greets Ka'Ri with a nod, setting Bourbon down and brushing cat hair off her dress, then looks around herself. "Veshti!" she sings out to the house as a whole. "We're ho-ome!"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Darling, I heard you come home, yes," Veshti says with a grin, sweeping in with a bushel of frothy lace over one arm. "Are you bathed and ready for makeup, hair, and my seamstresses, is the question."

Griffin

Griffin
"I... bathed this morning, if that counts," she hedges with a sidelong glance at Ka'Ri. "I haven't rolled in the mud since then."

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri looks sheepish. "I suppose I could use a bath before we get started," she said. While she had done her best to prepare herself to be presentable, she still had the sweat and stink of the sleepers she had cared for the night before on her skin and a slight tang in her hair from Halwan's smoke.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Well, you know where the water flows, child of Hamity," Veshti points out with a smirk. "Off you go and come back smelling like devas, you hear? Don't take too long!"

Griffin

Griffin
"Yes'm," Sunrise replies dryly, and glances at Ka'Ri. "There's a tub in my quarters; come on, I'll show you."

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Thank you," Ka'Ri says meekly, following Sunrise up to her quarters. "I..." she begins quietly. "I haven't forgot your question from earlier, in case you were worried. About... about the boats."

Griffin

Griffin
She grins. "After all that? I've forgotten the question. It's been a day, and it's only just begun. About chartering a boat?"

The room she leads Ka'Ri to is actually a suite of rooms, spacious and luxuriantly appointed and only a little bit frillier than Sunrise's usual taste. "The bath's through there," she says, pointing. "It's big enough for two people and then some," she says with a slight eyeroll, "but if you prefer you can go first."

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Um..." she began, her face flushing briefly at the thought of sharing a bath with the Sunrise. "Whichever you prefer," she tried to finish casually. After all, she had spent more time in baths with others than by herself, so it shouldn't be a big deal... right?

"And yes," she said hoping business mode would make her feel a little less awkward. "We have several options there. We can try and get a small boat, one that would be more maneuverable in the tight spaces of the caves and faster in escape. Downsides there is the price will likely be jacked up due to the recruitment run and we risk telegraphing our move to Korogur. Other option there is... well... there's a boat that's being unused in dock that would be free and which I know intimately well which could be run by us especially for a short run. Downside is it's a bit bulkier."

Ka'Ri tried to swallow her emotion on so casually offering her home and moved on quickly. "The big issue we'll have is we'll need a guide. I know the seas well, but the Osprem didn't use the caves as a hideout, so we'll need to find someone who has worked more locally to help us know the overall swell of the sea. Downside is that person could end up being paid more coin by Korogur to betray us. As such, we'd want to find a cause pirate not a money pirate. Luckily, there are a fair few cause pirates who dislike the flashy amorality of Korogur and the additional risk stunts like his put us under. My recommendations is to look for current or former crewmates of some of the bigger cause fleets like Thea Starguide's."

"Finally, we'll need to figure out where Korogur is exactly in those caves. We can flash a parley flag at every cave entrance we find, but that will make us topic number one in the taverns and Korogur might be in the mood to fire on any ship that ventures close given how much trouble he got himself into with this stunt whatever its motivations might be. As such, if we could lay hands on a current or former crewmate of his, ideally one with a taste for the drink and get them to spill that info, that'd help save us a lot of bother down the line."

"But yeah..." she finishes embarrassedly. "That would be my twin coppers on this."

Griffin

Griffin
She frowns, thinking. "The ideal situation would be to kill two birds with one stone and find a disgruntled former crewmate of his," she muses. "Maybe someone who left because of his amorality. That would require a touch of luck, though." She hesitates. "As far as ships go... which option requires less expertise on the part of the crew? Because you know what you're doing, and I expect Jarek does, but I expect I'll be completely useless for anything but the most basic tasks," she admits, matter-of-fact.

Then she smiles. "And about the bath... as Veshti pointed out, I do frequent the temple of Hamity. As far as I'm concerned, flesh is flesh, and it would save time. But I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

MazzieW

MazzieW
"I wouldn't be uncomfortable," Ka'Ri sputters out quickly.

Internal Thoughts:

"Hmm, I can put some feelers out. If there's a recruiting push, I might be able to pose as a hiring captain and see if we get lucky and I've got some folks who've got their ear to the ground on these sorts of things. For a boat. If you want fast and simple, there's basically three options. Easiest would be a junk or a sloop. They're driftwood in a fight, but they're more agile than a mermaid, downside is it may get a bit overcrowded with 8 of us. If you want a little more sail but not so much an amateur would be sputtering, you're probably talking about a caravel."

As she speaks, she starts peeling off her clothes minus her belt to dip into the water. Her eyes shut briefly at that thought. It has been less than a day since she got her belt back, so the old impulses with regards to her own nudity still shine through, not at all corralled by the thought of comparing it to Sunrise's own shape.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise strips down without ceremony, sighing happily as she steps into the hot water. "Oh, that's nice," she says, practically purring. "But yes, a caravel sounds best then. As for getting a guide and someone who knows Korogur, I'm gonna leave pirate-recruiting in your capable hands." She grins. "I honestly don't know enough of that world to add anything, but I trust your judgment."

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri blushes as she dips into the water as well.

"Thank you," she says earnestly. "That means a lot to me, especially after... well, yeah."

Ka'Ri's mouth closes and her eyes furrow before she shakes her head and changes the topic while scanning the various bathing oils for one that can best counteract the remnants of the smoke in her hair.

"Anyways, what are your thoughts about tonight?"

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise reaches for scented salts, whispering a brief prayer under her breath before sprinkling them in the water; subtle scents of vanilla and amber rise around them. "Pretty straightforward," she says with a shrug. "I distract, you search. Might work some magics on Xiloscient while I have him there. Are you gonna be okay finding an excuse to slip away?"

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Yeah, that should be easy. Get myself out of Veshti's sight after a short spell making sure I'm seen being shown off by her and then 'hook up' with Glen before being 'carried away' to the bedrooms. Should give us both time and a ready made excuse while I try and find his desk of secrets. Honestly, it's probably one of the best set up jobs I've had in a while."

Griffin

Griffin
She nods. "Anything related to current events is good, but. I think if we want to know what's going on between him and the Redfangs it's going to trace back to the war. He was part of some sort of secret mission. If you can find out what it was, my gut tells me that will give us a lot of answers."

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Yeah, that's my thought as well. Something about that whole mess stinks like week old trout."

Ka'Ri grows quiet for a little while as if considering something.

"Um... I had a question about something non mission related... but maybe it can wait to a better time..."

Griffin

Griffin
"Go for it." She dunks her head, then begins rubbing sweet-smelling soap into her hair. "With how hectic things have been, there are no better times. What's up?"

MazzieW

MazzieW
"So, I've been thinking a lot about a lot of the people in the party and um..." Ka'Ri flushes bright crimson, "and especially Thimb."

Ka'Ri dips into the water, washing out her hair and also hiding her face for a moment as she tries to hide her own embarrassment. "She's... really impressive and smart and I was thinking about asking her for some help. Like, doing spell type stuff, but I don't know how to bring it up. Do... do you have any advice?"

Griffin

Griffin
She shrugs. "I prefer the direct approach. 'Hey Thimb, you're really good with magic. Do you think you can teach me some things?'" Then, raising an eyebrow, she adds, "Somehow I get the impression that help with magic isn't actually what you want to ask her, though."

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri's blush grows beyond her ears and down her chest. "Well... it's not not what I want. I mean, she is super smart and nice and *mumbles something that sounds like pretty* and like I do want to learn magic from her..."

Ka'Ri continues to stammer helplessly. "I guess... I just want to be able to bond with her and uh... spend time with her and *mumbles something that sounds like be worthy of her*"

She clamps her hands over her mouth as if to try and stop herself and dips under the water again.

Griffin

Griffin
"Have you tried just telling her that?" Sunrise asks with a smile when Ka'Ri emerges from the water. "That she's smart and nice and you'd like to spend time with her?"

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri bubbles up sheepishly. "No..." Her eyes are slightly downcast. "I don't really know how to talk to people I'm really interested in like that. Especially since I'm pretty sure she's straight, so I don't want to creep her out being all hormonal lesbian, especially as she's been super nice to me and doesn't deserve that. But still... I do want to hang out with her and if there's a chance, I'd like to be someone that'd... y'know?"

She stammers a little bit longer before her jaw finally closes and she looks even more sheepish. "You really don't think it'd be rude to just ask her that out of the blue?"

Griffin

Griffin
"You people who like sex and your rules," she teases with a grin. "'Oh, I only like girls. Oh, I only like boys.'" Shaking her head, she ducks low to rinse her hair. "But no, I don't think it would be rude. I mean, if you were like 'oh Thimb, I can't live without you, the passion burns in my veins, let me lick your body,' yes, that would be creepy and weird." She giggles. "But it is perfectly normal and appropriate to say something like 'hey, I like you, let's get a drink together after this and spend some time together.' Even if she isn't interested, I doubt she'd feel upset or uncomfortable about that..."

She trails off, eyes widening with sudden realization. "Oh shit. She was asking me out."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum