Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huge early-shout out to Ana, Griffin, and Nicole

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

beardyblue

beardyblue
Hey y'all. So, if you're like me, you've spent the last 4-5 days getting incredibly emotionally wrapped up in the story of Father Rik, Ellwythorn, and Abbie the cleric in the Sorrowful Supplicant backstory thread.

And yes, I do IN FACT know that you are like me, because Sorrowful Supplicant is FAR AND ABOVE the most read topic on this entire dang website. So, y'all, I know you've been hanging on basically every word.

My understanding was that this was supposed to be a pretty quick background snippet for Father Rik, but it has turned into an absolutely riveting, emotional, and relatable story that has been in turns heartwrenching and beautiful. Honestly, I love this campaign so much and I haven't rolled a single die yet.

So a huge shout-out and a huge thank you to Ana, Griffin, and Nicole for putting the time and effort into really bringing these characters and this world to life.

And a huge thanks to everyone else who created awesome characters and played out their terrific introductory scenes. I really love all of these PCs and I can't wait to hang out with all of them. Also I may or may not suggest that we all go take down the orc mafia or whatever. Just kidding. Kind of.

TLDR: BIG HAND TO GRIFF, ANA, AND ORCHIDS FOR MY HEART HURTING SO GOOD THANK YOU

<3

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Awwwww!!

I just gotta say HUGE shout-out to Griffin, who was literally shoved an NPC and told "can you play Abbie so I don't have to talk to myself? she's an ex-soldier and done with everyone's shit. thaaaaaanks!", which in the History of Character Notes is NOT A LOT TO GO ON, hahah.

And omfgwtfbbq!!!! all the love to Nicole for creating a Paladin I would literally die for and now combat will be so stressful because god forbid the baby-daddy get hurt! (I have also never seen a character go so swiftly from Father to Daddy, which was impressive to say the least.)

ETA: I won't say how many of those refreshes was me, but I was refreshing that thread pretty dang often to see if new posts. Embarassed

beardyblue

beardyblue
Ana, I have at least 400 refreshes myself EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THAT I GET EMAILS AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FOR UPDATES. So, yeah. Don't worry about it.

And yes, indeed on the whole Father to Daddy thing. The thirst is real.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
I was all "oh gosh he's exercising shirtlessly and being sweet to children    h e l p".

beardyblue

beardyblue
The. Thirst. Is. Real.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
I think I'm a sucker for characters who are nice to children? This is why I like seeing, like, Vin Diesel rescue small children and smile at them.

beardyblue

beardyblue
I just love how sweet and earnest he is. He doesn't even understand how his feels work! I love the big adorable oaf.

But also yes hot half-orc daddy feels. Ten out of ten would read again.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
God, when he realized he'd get to be there for the birth when he's never been able to do that before? My HEART? like, HOW DARE THESE FEELS? *clutches chest*

beardyblue

beardyblue
Look, I may or may not have told Ana that we should all get a free level in Barbarian to fly into an uncontrollable rage any time anyone gets near Rik because we have to make sure he gets home to Ellwythorn.

Because they're going to end up together.

Damn it.

(Right? lolsob)

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Ha, I can't promise they'll end up TOGETHER, but she'll have a happy ending one way or another.

(*mutters under breath* none of that star wars prequel bullshit, LUCAS.)

beardyblue

beardyblue
She deserves it. She is wonderful. SEE WHAT Y'ALL HAVE DONE TO ME

Griffin

Griffin
Seriously at this point I just. I know I had a tiefling I wanted to play at one point? Now I'm just. MY ONE GOAL IS TO PROTECT THIS CHILD AT ALL COSTS!!!

beardyblue

beardyblue
RIGHT!? Also, you have been KILLING IT as Abbie, Griffin. She is such a perfect counterpoint to the other characters, and you have done so much with what Ana gave you to work with. I'm BLOWN THE HECK AWAY. :)

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
SO apparently there is a chat section lol! Thank you so much! The feedback is great and you are not the only one waiting desperately for updates :) That thread has definitely drawn me in to the character though I am so worried about what is to come to get him to the present...

beardyblue

beardyblue
You're so welcome and thank you for all you have done to make such a wonderful, realistic character who we all just effing ADORE. And trust me, we're ALL worried about him!

And to all 3 of you, I have literally cried while reading your amazing story this week. So... Omg y'all, you're just incredible.

Also, let's have a big hand for Sorrowful Supplicant, the first thread on the site to crack 1000 views. It's also blown the previous most-viewed post, the intros post with 750 or so views, out of the water. THE THIRST IS REAL.

Roocifer

Roocifer
Guys you don't understand I have cried real life tears over that thread and just because I re read it again before coming to gush about it.

Also I adore you all for making it so sweet yet raunchy without any actual raunch.

Like I can't even this whole world is going to kill me I am sure.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Roo... SO MUCH SAME, FRIEND. I am so exceedingly glad to have shared this to know that I'm not some weirdo for furiously refreshing that thread because I absolutely NEEDED to see the next post. And yes, I cried actual tears as early as this heckin morning over these two half orc goofballs who I love and also want to protect and probably marry, it's confusing and a lot. Haha

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
This makes me so happy. Thank you. :)))))))))

Sent from Topic'it App

Roocifer

Roocifer
I'm just glad I'm not the only one.

Its wild I have my whole house (me my fiancée lami my best friend Craig and our cat spyke) a hooked on this world I've been reading aloud our stories and they love it. They keep asking whenever I get an email if its from this forum XD

I want to protect all of our children.

Like congrats everyone for creating characters I would die for.

beardyblue

beardyblue
+1 on all of that, Roo! I finally had to tell a close friend about the storyline because it's been rattling around so much in my head and I had to spill it to SOMEBODY. Luckily, she often spills to me about board games and other stuff she is doing and interested in, so she listened in good humor. Haha. =)

Also, I went to a website and "designed" (and by designed I mean put words on a shirt, I am terrible at this and do not at all consider myself a designer) a shirt inspired by what I have been yelling at my phone basically all week.

Huge early-shout out to Ana, Griffin, and Nicole 3hF6QyE

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
LOL!!

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Annnnd now Rik has a nice healing ability which will keep alive mothers and children.

If you all get knocked up to min-max your adventuring options, I will mock you mercilessly, lol.

beardyblue

beardyblue
I'm mostly happy about it not from a min-maxing standpoint but from a THORN AND BABBY MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS standpoint. The rest of us can protect our large hot half-orc daddy and we've got it all covered. Boom.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Hehehehehe!

Sent from Topic'it App

fruitbat

Songbird wrote:Annnnd now Rik has a nice healing ability which will keep alive mothers and children.

If you all get knocked up to min-max your adventuring options, I will mock you mercilessly, lol.

I mean, all we have to do is go to space, find the Culture, get them to give us the genetic upgrade that holds pregnancies in stasis... have they updated Spelljammer for 5e yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum