Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice and Interrogation (Glen, Dolores)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen chuckles softly, a little embarrassed but managing to mostly tamp it down. He tries to turn on the charm a little bit. "Well then. Maybe we can trade? If you give me what I want, maybe I can give you what you want."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man can't help but smirk. Leaning back, he laces his fingers behind his neck. "Gonna get me out of here? Tell you anything you want then, my friend."

beardyblue

beardyblue
He shrugs. "I can't guarantee anything, but I just came from meeting Captain Callahan. If you can give me good information, I'll see what I can do." He pauses. "So, that's a no on the water then."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man snerks again. "You'll see what you can do. Wow. That's a lot of pull, my man. You're not royalty, are you?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen holds up his hands. "You'd rather I lie to you and make it sound like I can move heaven and earth when I can't? Okay. Noted." He folds his arms again. "So, are you just going to keep wasting my time? It didn't seem like you were busy, but if you've got better offers coming from other people who might be able to help you more effectively, by all means, I can just go. Or, we can talk, and I can be straight with you and tell you I'll do what I can. It's up to you."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man stretches his legs out where he sits and casually crosses one over the over, killing time with a grin. "My schedule is pretty packed, friend. But sure, go ahead and talk. I like hearing a good story."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Good." Glen reaches into his bag and pulls out a packet of dried fruit and nuts, placing it inside the bars of the cell. As he reaches in, Elen stays very close to him. "What's your name?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man watches Glen with amusement as he places the packet inside the cell, making no movement toward the food or his interrogator. When Glen moves away, the man draws the packet to himself with a languid sweep of his leg. "Folks call me Bruiser," he says, the amusement never leaving his eyes. It's an odd nickname for such a small wiry man, but maybe he has an amazing left hook.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen can barely contain an eyeroll. "Okay then. Bruiser. I'm investigating a kidnapping. I won't waste your valuable time." He's mostly amused and only a little sarcastic. "I'm looking for information about Korogur Redfang. I'm not going to insult you by asking if you know who he is. But he kidnapped a girl, and I'm trying to find her. The girl is well-connected, and her family might really be willing to spring you if you can give me information that brings her home." He says this all rather matter-of-factly and waits to see what Bruiser's reaction will be before continuing.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
His eyebrows rise with mild interest; this is news to him. "Kidnapping, eh? Politics, platinum, or...?" He makes a lewd gesture with several fingers and innovative use of his tongue as demonstration.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen chuckles. "Could be all three. The girl might have been involved with Korogur, but they seem to have had a falling out before the kidnapping. Then, his family - you've heard of them, I assume - came calling for basically every coin in the city's coffers. And they're tied up in politics, as well." He shrugs a little. "It's got something for everyone, really." Glen frowns. "But. It seems like this is news to you, so maybe you can't help as much as I'd hoped."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man snorts at this. "Well, you didn't come to me to learn things you already knew, did you, pretty boy?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen smiles, shaking his head, wondering why he's surprised at the pirate's behavior. "Well then. Do you know anything about a kidnapping? Or about Korogur Redfang? Or has this just been a colossal waste of my time for your amusement?" Glen crouches down and starts closing up his bag and preparing to leave, internally very disappointed in himself. He feels like if he'd played his cards right, this could have been useful, but he tries like hell to hide it.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser stretches on his bunk, unconcerned by Glen's preparations to leave and letting his gaze rake teasingly over him again. "I know a few useful things about Korogur, yeah. Things it'd be worth springing me for, tip-ears."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Oh. Well then. That changes everything, round-ears," he deadpans, sitting down beside his pack. "Are you planning to say anything of substance? I can't recall one useful thing you've said, and I'm sure you understand there isn't a chance I stick my neck out to try and get you out of here on just your say-so."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
This earns a grin. "Well, dunno how much 'substance' a stupid sailor like me have to offer, good sir," he drawls teasingly. "Less'n you've got an interest in knowing where Korgy makes berth."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"I might be a dumb hick soldier," he grins back, "but these ears do hear pretty well. I'm listening."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man's grin widens slowly. "Oh, my sweet pretty rube," he teases, his eyes laughing, "it's not something I can tell you. But I'll show you. If you get me out."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"And you'll show me how nicely a knife fits between my ribs too, I bet. Oh, and let me guess; I just have to trust you." He rolls his eyes, unimpressed. "Do people usually give you what you want with no fuss just because you're handsome? I'm dumb, but I'm not that dumb, I'm afraid. So." He looks at the sailor, wondering if he will even attempt to provide some reassurance.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He shrugs, still smirking. "I can swear you an oath, but I doubt my word means much to a soldier like you," he points out dryly.

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Depends. What does it mean to you to give someone your word?" He looks at Bruiser dead in the eyes with a piercing intensity.

Insight 20 (16+4)

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man meets his gaze with a serious one of his own. "It means I'll keep my word. No more and no less." Then he grins. "But I'll throw in 'no knife in the ribs' for free, soldier boy."

[OOC: For all his swagger, he's telling the truth that his word is his bond--though he doesn't expect Glen to believe him or understand honor from a pirate. Glen can additionally tell that he doesn't have murderous intent.]

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen's eyes seem to bore right through to the back of Bruiser's skull. "You'd be surprised. Soldiers like me meet all types of folks with all kinds of codes of honor. Yours is no less meaningful than any of theirs." He tilts his head to the side. "And you're not, say, a member of Korogur's crew and planning to hand me over to him when we get there, are you?" Again, he doesn't expect a particularly straightforward answer, but he wants to ask to gauge the reaction anyhow.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser laughs at this, but not meanly. "Nah, I'm not one of his, mate. Got nothing against him one way or another, but he doesn't own me or my loyalty. As long as you don't stab me in the back, I'll return the favor, friend. Just get me out of here. Sharpish."

beardyblue

beardyblue
He nods and gets up. "So, I'll get you out, and you'll show me to Korogur's ship. And, as a bonus out of the goodness of your heart, you won't harm me or my companions. Is that the way of it? And I've got your word on your honor?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum