Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:13 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen listens carefully to Jarek and nods. "I understand your meaning, Jarek." He looks to Rik. "Your assistance, Rik - is it alright if I call you Rik? - would be helpful, and I agree that Ka'Ri would be valuable as well. Is that something you're up for, Ka'Ri?"

Addressing the group generally, he continues. "And if we're diving into a search and rescue mission of some kind for Thorn, I think I would be handy there as well, if possible. Speaking of expertise, tracking and finding people is right in my wheelhouse."

27A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik studies both men with a thoughtful frown. "I would prefer to search for Thorn myself, but I fear the Redfangs may be watching my movements. I do not know whether you are now associated with me in their minds, but at least you might blend into the city and shake a pursuer. And Thorn would not fear someone like you, Glen, or you, Jarek." He sighs and thins his lips again. "It is not the worst plan. But if you search for Thorn, who will see to this bandit? I can make him know fear, but I have doubts as to whether I will ask the right questions." He looks at the others in the room, gazing thoughtfully at Sunrise and Ka'Ri in turn.

"You may call me Rik, yes," he adds, slightly distracted from the question. "Or 'Father', if you are comfortable doing so. Everyone at the temple calls me 'Father', as well as the children who come to visit and watch my sword-practice in the gardens."

28A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 am

fruitbat

Sithani is attempting to not be distracted by Jarek's musculature when she hears Glen and Rik's conversation. "Would he trust them, though? He knows you, Rik, but does he have the first clue about the rest of us? I think not." She considers this for a moment. "Well, maybe Sunrise if he has good taste in music. But the rest of us would mean fuck all to him."

29A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Very well, Father." Glen nods, using Rik's temple nickname to try and help put him at ease. "If the search is happening right away - and, thinking about it, it probably should - then I should still see the bandit. Vice-Captain Imokina is expecting me and she only knows me and Jarek. But Father, we will find Thorn. I'm sure of it."

30A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Thorn can read," Rik points out sternly. "I will send a letter with the searchers."

31A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:58 am

fruitbat

"And your handwriting cannot be forged?"

32A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"If you think a letter will convince him," Sunrise says, looking pale. "I'll help, if necessary. I had other plans today, but this is more important - with the messenger missing, possibly captured, we have to assume the hiding place is compromised."

33A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Rik's concern about being seen with us in the search is well-founded, but even still. How sure are we that Thorn would even hear us out long enough to read such a letter? He's been in hiding and now might be on the run. Couldn't any stranger be a potential agent of the Redfangs?"

34A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik looks exasperated. "The mother of my children does not judge my letters by my handwriting!" Taking a deep breath, he shakes his head. "The only reason I am not out there scouring the slums for him is because I have been led to believe that to do so would bring harm upon his head. If I were not assured of this, I would not be here at this meeting because I would be otherwise occupied."

Sunrise receives a grateful nod. "Your help is most welcome."

35A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:25 pm

fruitbat

"Then how does he judge them? How can any of us convince him we're trustworthy without bringing you along as a demonstration? Do you have a code word between you? A pet name only you call him? Anything useful like that?"

36A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods, resigned. "We'll need all the information you can give us, then. Including anything we could say to convince him to hear us out before fight or flight kicks in," she adds, nodding to Sithani. "And Jarek, I think we ought to assume we're going to run into trouble. I never leave the house without my knives," she says primly, smoothing her immaculate white skirt, "and I suggest you carry some kind of weapon too."

37A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I will tell you what I know," Rik agrees. Taking one of the blank pieces of parchment and an inkpen, he sits to compose a missive which is apparently rather lengthy.

[OOC: Continue talking amongst yourselves, as this will take a bit.]

38A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise frowns, leaning over him as he writes. "Also, are any of your people scrying for the messenger? The Redfangs might assume we wouldn't care as much about a 'mere' go-between, and not shield him as thoroughly."

39A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik doesn't look up from his letter, distracted. "Sister Reverence said the scrying results were 'inconclusive' thus far," he reports thoughtlessly. "That is, the spell appears to work but sends back only featureless darkness. I do not know if it is magical or mundane in nature."

40A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen furrows his brow, worried. He makes an effort to keep his tone calm and even, but he does not mince words to spare anyone's feelings. "This sounds like it could be bad. Do we want to have all hands on deck? I can put off going to see the vice-captain."

41A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise chews her lip for a moment. "If the Redfangs took the messenger, and if he talked, and if we have just absolutely terrible timing... yes, another person who knows how to fight would be good," she admits. "I'm not as helpless as I look, and I know how to use that fact... but it's hardly my area of expertise."

42A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:42 am

fruitbat

"You can read minds, though," points out Sithani. "Honestly, I think you'd be more use sitting in on the interrogation of Glen's prisoner. If we need someone fabulous on the rescue mission, I can hurt people if the situation calls for it."

43A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:13 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen sighs, feeling a twinge of guilt at having to put off his meeting with his commander, but he knows she'd understand. "A day or two of delay isn't going to change anything with the bandit. The bandit is safely in the custody of the military, and Vice-Captain Imokina knows that this is important to our mission, so I'm sure she will prioritize holding the prisoner as long as she can. The military doesn't like bandits, but it also does not execute people on a moment's notice. At very least there's... paperwork." He can't help but grin a little, knowing how much Dolores hates paperwork.

He looks at Sunrise. "If I borrowed a pen and some paper, do you think you could have your friend," he nods his head in the direction of Honey, "run a message over to my vice-captain? I can tell her what she looks like and exactly where her office is."

44A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:51 am

Griffin

Griffin
She purses her lips, lifting Honey down and scratching behind her ears. "What do you think, sweetie? Can you deliver a message if Glen tells you where to go?"

45A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Honey nods eagerly, wings already flexing and stretching in anticipation of going fast, which is always fun.

46A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:38 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen gets up and goes over to Honey. "Hey buddy." He smiles and gives her a little scritch. She's adorable, and so helpful. "Thanks for your help. I'm going to write out a note. Want to see?"

If Honey lets him, Glen picks her up and puts her on his shoulder. Then, he grabs a loose piece of paper and a pen and sits down to quickly jot out the note.

8th Eleint

Vice-Captain Imokina:

We have been unavoidably delayed by a dire and pressing situation. Someone is in danger and we must lend aid. I will come to speak with the prisoner as soon as I can, but it may be a day or two. I apologize for the delay, and I beg your understanding, as there are lives at stake.

I have also included my letter to the Darkwater druids, as we discussed.

If you have need to pass a message back to me, even a sensitive one, you can entrust it to this creature. Her name is Honey and she is very trustworthy, intelligent, and resourceful.

Thank you as always for your assistance in all things. Pelor's light guide you.

Glynlen Liadon

Glen reaches up and gives Honey a little scritch under the chin after writing about how great she is.

He picks up the letter and the letter to the druids and rolls them up together. He rummages around for a ribbon to tie them up. He holds out the rolled up papers for her. “Can you carry this, or do we need to find a case?"

Once they figure out transport of the message, he looks at Honey very seriously. “Okay, buddy, you’re looking for Vice-Captain Dolores Imokina. She has an office on the city wall.” He gives Honey a detailed description of Dolores herself, and can give her incredibly detailed instructions on how to find her office. He considers that she will probably fly right in the window, so he tells her how to figure out which office belongs to Dolores. He also describes the office, so she knows she’s in the right place.

"Honey, I need you to get this to Vice-Captain Imokina as fast as you can. Can you do that for me?”

47A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:30 am

Griffin

Griffin
"She can do it," Sunrise says confidently, sending her off with a kiss on her head.

"Ellowyn." She turns to the gnome and sighs. "I was going to ask if you wanted to come to the play at Olidammara's temple with me tonight; you said you wanted to investigate, and there's a friend of a friend there I'd like to talk to." She shakes her head. "With the Thorn situation I don't know if I'll make it, but even if I don't you have a standing invitation to go with Elinor."

48A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:08 pm

fruitbat

"So where do we start looking for Thorn? Should we ask - Sister Reverence, you said? - and go from there?"

49A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik finishes his letter--which seems a long one from the look of it--and folds the letter with care. "I can show you the general part of Westside where he resides, if your patron has a map of the city," he says, directing the request to Sunrise. "I require whoever searches for him to be discreet. No good will come of this if you lead the Redfangs right to his door."

50A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conspiracy of Ravens [Everyone] Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods and rises, handing down a map down to Rik. "I know that area; I know who to talk to who won't gossip. We may still run into them," she warns. "That's why I'm saying we should be ready for trouble."

She hesitates. "Rik, do you know who's in charge of looking for the messenger?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum