Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rik 'Father' Templeborn

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Rik 'Father' Templeborn Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sir_al10

Race: Half-orc

Class: Paladin

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 360 lbs

Appearance: Taller than most humans, but about average for a half orc. His normally spring green skin has tanned to a deep forest coloration that shines like an emerald when oiled. He has short black hair and an accompanying beard. He is strong from decades of practice with a blade almost as long as he is tall, but he is not hard like the sword he wears. In his grey eyes there is a tenderness and a softness over his middle gives him a comforting and approachable appearance.

Personality: Raised in the temple of Yondalla, he is surprisingly mellow for a half-orc. He has a patient nature that makes him great with children and an open ear that makes him a comfort for their parents. He is devoted to his temple and his calling for Yondalla.

Religion: A paladin of Yondalla, he has been given a special calling. Years growing up hearing the prayers turn to pleading turn to tears of would be mothers gave him an insight into the need and nature of family and its importance to all involved.

Commonly known:  When not training or serving at the temple, Rik, better known as 'Father', spends his time with children at play, often watching over them when they come closer to danger than they realize. His presence itself along with his six foot sword a deterent to most who might harm them and his watchful eyes and quick hands are there to rescue them from many an illfated acrobatic adventure.

Uncommonly known: Yondalla has chosen him as her conduit. When the need is great he offers himself to the would be mother. If Yondalla blesses the union a child will be born. This child bears no physical or hereditary connection to him. Her blessing through him has been given to nobles and washerwomen alike. This is a secret ritual, whispered about but not generally believed except by those whose need is great. Of the hundreds of children made by Yondalla through him during his years of service, twenty three know of their connection to the goddess through him. When they seek him out he welcomes them openly and only asks that they perpetuate the use of his nickname to prevent discovery by the masses.

2Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik 'Father' Templeborn Halfli10

Appearance: A dignified halfling with a stern and no-nonsense demeanor. Marks of army life still hang about her despite two decades away from the wall.

History: Abbie Silvergrass was a clerical soldier in the Brilight army for years, assigned to the wall and given the often thankless task of keeping new recruits alive when the point of a bandit's sword inevitably wound up in them. She was good at her work: patient with the young soldiers, motherly without losing her objectivity, and capable of performing the hard decisions of triage in times of crisis.

What she was less good at was holding her tongue and temper. After saying exactly the wrong thing to exactly the wrong commanding officer, Abbie found herself on the receiving end of a court-martial. Though the tribunal found in her favor, she was given an honorable discharge from military service and recalled to the temple of Yondalla. The transition was a sharp and painful one for her at the time but now, twenty years later, she looks back with very few regrets and recognizes that her peaceful life at the temple is filled with equally important work as those exciting days on the wall in her youth.

Sister Silvergrass is often called upon to work with the infertile women who seek solace in Yondalla's temple: the married women in their middle age who cannot conceive no matter what they try, and the widows seeking a remembrance of their lost loved one to raise in their memory. She has developed a good working relationship with Father Rik Templeborn, making sure the petitioners he works with understand the ritual process the goddess has put in place to serve her flock.

Other Details: Abbie is not above seeking inter-faith cooperation between the temples when it serves the greater good.

(Abbie's NPC post is here.)

3Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:48 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Oh wow, what an incredibly cool and interesting background. Also he is adorable and I love him. 😍

Sent from Topic'it App

4Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:54 am

Griffin

Griffin
I LOVE IT I LOVE HIM

5Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Oh dear.

He is daddy.. like oh my.

Ellowyn has definitely noticed Rik like 100000% I think he is someone they would trust and be silently crushing on.

They are 100% not they type to have let this be known by anyone though.

6Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 pm

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
Awwww! Sounds great if you don't mind a bit of heartbreak.

7Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
That is exactly why Ellowyn does not tell anyone anything they are no stranger to heart break... They almost enjoy the angst at times.

Its like an old blanket for them comfy and familiar XD

8Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Oh my god Father Rik teasing the children as he practices. My HEART.

9Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
I know right??!? I just finished reading that thread ahhhh my heart all the feels

10Rik 'Father' Templeborn Empty Re: Rik 'Father' Templeborn Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 pm

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
Hee!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum