Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Late Appointment (Sunrise)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Elinor grins up at her. "Sunrise! This is Father Trey. Father Trey this is my sister, Sunrise. You absolutely must come to one of her concerts sometime! She sings like a goddess!"

The man offers her his hand to shake as Lucky sits down last of all. "Charmed to meet you, oh singing goddess," Father Trey says with a smile. "You're one of Brother Lucky's friends?"

52A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Haven't you heard?" she says dryly, accepting the hand. "All tieflings know each other. At least that's what they tell me." Then she gives him a playful, flirtatious pout. "And you haven't been to any of my concerts? I'm devastated."

53A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I have not!" he admits, laughing in an easy hearty way at her pout. "I'm afraid I don't get away from the temple nearly often enough. Clearly I must remedy this and take in some lovely music. What do you sing, sweet songbird? Romance? Comedies? Histories? Tragedies?"

54A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 am

Griffin

Griffin
"A little of everything," she admits easily. "Romances and tragedies let me show off my skill, but comedy is always a crowd pleaser."

She makes a face and leans in. "Although lately I've been taking the government to task. How long has this plague been ravaging us, and we still have no cure, no idea what's causing it or why? They say the wizards are working on it, but with nothing to show for it after all this time how are we supposed to believe it's anything but pure negligence on the part of those who know they won't be affected?" There's fire in her voice; although she knows more now about the situation, she's spoken about this often enough that the words and the passion come easily.

55A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:20 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He blinks, startled, then leans forward to clasp her hands in his. "Do you know, I could not agree more? How cruel is it to tell people to 'wait and have faith' for months on end, when their beloved afflicted have only days or weeks to live? The people deserve answers and tangible progress, not the bottled platitudes of those who hide away in their Sun District manors."

56A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 am

Griffin

Griffin
She nods fervently, leaning in. "As a priest I'm sure you've seen your share of those with coin enough to bring back themselves or their family when they succumb. Meanwhile the poor in their slums can only grieve as their loved ones become abominations before their eyes! But we're to believe the rich and powerful are doing everything in their power - to benefit us? When has that ever been true?"

57A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Not once in history, to my knowledge," he agrees gravely. "Riches does not make one evil, nor power, but it can become so much harder to look past the end of one's nose."

58A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 am

Griffin

Griffin
She sighs. "If a cure does come out of the Feytower, I'll be the first to express my gratitude, don't get me wrong. But after all this time? I wouldn't be surprised if it came from somewhere else first. I know other people must be working on it, even if they don't have the supposed support the city gives the wizards."

And with that, she is casting Detect Thoughts.

59A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I am confident you are right," he says, his assured thoughts matching this sentiment perfectly. "I only hope that, should a cure come from elsewhere, the people will accept it after having been told for so long that the Feytower is their only hope." He tilts his head at Sunrise and she senses the glimmer of an idea that she might be useful to him.

60A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 am

Griffin

Griffin
"I think they would," she says seriously. "The people who come to my shows, who listen to what I have to say, they're hungry for hope. If someone else did come forward with a cure, it wouldn't take much to persuade people to give it a chance. Folks want a hero right now."

61A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He nods seriously. "I hope you are right. And I must agree with my new friend Elinor! I do need to visit one of your concerts. When is the next one?" As again, his surface thoughts match his words.

62A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:50 am

Griffin

Griffin
She smiles. "Nothing big for a little while, I'm afraid. But if you're not afraid of Westside I'm doing a small informal performance at the Devil's Own on -" and she names a date and time in the very near future.

63A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
His smile is warm and easy. "Whatsoever could I fear from Westside?" he teases. "I will remember, thank you." In his thoughts form the intention to attend, though a warning holds him back from clear committal just yet.

Moving to rise, he bows and kisses Elinor's hand, then Sunrise's. "What a pleasure it has been meeting you young ladies."

64A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Pleasure's mine," she says warmly, and sits back with a smile as he leaves.

The smile doesn't fade when he's away, but she glances at Lucky. In a low voice she asks, "Our friend?"

65A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Lucky's smile doesn't falter, but he nods. "Fucker messing with me. Sorry about that, Eli." His thoughts, however, are an angry and frightened turmoil: what does Betreygis know, what is he planning, why was he here.

"I didn't mind," Elinor says, mildly confused but keeping a straight face as all Veshti's wards can.

66A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"He certainly seemed happy to hear that people are ready to accept a cure wherever it comes from," she says mildly. "And to meet a sympathetic face who can sway the crowds in his favor. He's not a nice man, El," she adds, then stands. "But. Duty calls, and I need to see some people about some things before I can finally sleep."

67A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Be careful, Sunrise," Elinor says, clasping her hand as she goes.

68A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"I'd say I always do, but that would be a lie," she teases, then makes her meandering, indirect path out of the festivities.

(Ooc: I want to have a BRIEF conversation with Reverence; can we fold it into this thread?)

69A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The temple of Sehanine comes alive at night, but in a whispery way with excited tangible tension in the night air. The high ceiling glows with the full white light of the moon and her stars, somehow casting just enough light by which to see and yet leaving shadows to obscure faces. Here is where lovers meet, sneaking away in the perpetual twilight for stolen moments; here, too, is where lovers break troth. Sehanine does not judge her children--at least not in that way--and she knows that the heart goes where vows cannot. Love is as much her domain as it is Lastai's; divorce is one of her most sacred rites. Sometimes the pursuit of pleasure causes pain, but this is a fact of life. Struggle against it or embrace it, but there is no escaping it.

Sunrise knows Mother Reverence by reputation if by nothing else; the older woman is a fierce and fiery advocate of tiefling rights and equality. Many years ago, she took the position of head priestess by storm and she has ruled with an iron fist ever since, staffing the lower clergy with tieflings from her family and friends. More of the Sehanine priests might complain, were not Reverence so damn good at her job; under her influence, the temple has thrived and grown in riches.

70A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sehanine is not a particular favorite of hers, but Sunrise has visited the temple before, if only while making the rounds of the goddesses. She ignores those making use of private corners, looking about for any tieflings who could direct her to the high priestess.

71A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The corners are for whisperings only--the temple has private rooms for those who wish to do more--but the couples are happy to be ignored nonetheless.

A tiefling girl about Sunrise's age, with a lip curled in what appears to be perpetual wry disdain, notices her looking about for help. She approaches Sunrise with that wry smirk, looking entirely at home here in the twilight temple. "Need help, pilgrim?"

72A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods, looking tired. "I do, actually. I'm trying to find Mother Reverence."

73A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"She's kinda busy running a temple," the tiefling points out, but sighs. "C'mon. She'll probably make an exception for you. You're Sunrise, right? The singer? I'm Sister Freed, but you can just call me Freed."

74A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Hi, Freed. And yes, I'm Sunrise." She shakes her head. "I don't intend to take up much of her time, if it helps."

75A Late Appointment (Sunrise) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Late Appointment (Sunrise) Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Not really," she admits cheerfully. "By which I mean, it helps me feel better, but she'd see you regardless and my opinion doesn't count for much on this sort of thing. Here we are."

She leads Sunrise into a quiet worship room where Mother Reverence (for who else could it be, but her?) kneels before an altar with incense. Her head is bowed in prayer, but she looks up soon after the two young women enter. Milky pearl eyes open to fix Sunrise with a smile. "You look tired, dear. Can I offer you refreshments?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum