Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Devil's Own (Glen, Ka'Ri, Sithani, Sunrise, Thimb)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Sunrise blinks, then smiles. "I don't know how good a teacher I'd be, but I can try. When I do it it generally involves a lute."

Shaking her head, she adds, "I'll be there when you talk to Betreygis if you like - it's amazing how unobtrusive a musician can be at a festival - but I really do think Lucky would be worth talking to, too. If no one else wants to take the risk, I will."
View user profile
"Oh, yeah, we definitely need all the groundwork we can get in advance. Speaking of," and she reaches out to scritch Hamish, "Thimb, do you have the details on the people who scryproofed your research lab?"

<And I'd be perfectly happy for you to teach me the lute,> she projects to Sunrise. <I'm told my fingering is exquisite.>
View user profile
Sunrise keeps her face carefully composed, only nodding in response to the words spoken aloud. "Good. I have... thoughts, not even ideas yet but thoughts, about the cleric aspect of Betreygis, and I want to poke at those with Lucky a bit."
View user profile
"Sounds good. And maybe next time we see Father Templeborn we can get him thinking about his family and you can find out where they are." A wry smile appears on her face. "After all, if we tell Betreygis we know where they are, we should probably avoid giving the right location by mistake."
View user profile
Sunrise nods. "Actually, I talked to Luther about that. Between what he told me and your speculation," she nods at Glen, "about using soldiers to search for them, I think we can get Rik to change his mind with no magic necessary."
View user profile
Thimb had said goodbye to Somber when they left, and was jotting down things that may or may not have made sense to anyone else reading them. "Seduction???" was written at one point.

"I think talking to Lucky is a good idea," said Thimb, "Somber seemed pretty convinced he wouldn't make things worse so it seems like a gamble with no danger but some lost time..." she started digging around in her pocket and produced a card for the Leadliner Brothers, offering it to Sith. It was bent and smelled vaguely of cardamon. "Grams set that all up when I was just a babe, but apparently they're still operating. I met them once when they came in to do some maintenance, they fixed the hinge on my chalk board for me, but I don't know if they'd remember me or not... Still, even if they don't remember me they'll know the name Riptide, so," she shrugged hopping that was Enough.

"I've only translated one entry of the diary so far, but..." she gave them the vague outline of it, pointing out who she thought the names of different people were (L was obviously Luther). "Given what the diary says, and her talk of her emotions, I'd be willing to bet that there had been an... offer? Of elopement, or something like it, and between what Annabelle said, and what the diary said... Well, I would guess that she was initially not into the idea, but thought about it more and maybe came around. Or... Something like that? That was how it goes in the books, anyways... Oh! Speaking of how it goes in books, uhm, I think Glen's right in that we should talk to this Thorn, but, Sunrise, what did Luther tell you? He knows him?" she cocked her head to the side, and Hamish took the opportunity to steal a sip of her ale. She sighed, looking down at them, "You don't even like ale," she said wearily. Hamish simply trilled.
View user profile
"It sounds like she thought someone might try to poison her," Sunrise remarks as Thimb explains the entry. "But it also sounds like she's prone to teenage melodrama, so who knows?" She gives Thimb a crooked smile. "Wouldn't it be funny if we were all overthinking this? What if they actually were in love, and Korogur did something stupid and reckless, and now the Redfangs are scrambling trying to find a way to profit from it?" Almost to herself she murmurs, "It would certainly explain..." but doesn't finish the thought.

Her hand drums absently on the table as she considers Thimb's question. "Luther... has his own source when it comes to Thorn," she says finally. "He knows a fair bit, but if it's okay I'd rather go over it with everyone at once. Speaking of," she adds, and sits up, "we were planning to all meet the day after tomorrow, but if the festival is tomorrow night and we want to talk to Betreygis then, I think we ought to move it up to midday tomorrow so we can all get on the same page first. What do you think? You tell your brother, I'll tell Ellowyn, someone tell Rik?"
View user profile
Glen nods, briefly bringing the group up to speed about the new bandit tactician near the ransom drop point, Jarek's suggestion to interrogate the bandit prisoner, and the message to the druids. "Jarek suggested, and I agree, that we bring someone with more guile than he or I to the interrogation. We can go over after we all meet up tomorrow. We don't have to decide now."
View user profile
Sithani nods. "Sounds good."
View user profile
[Thread Close. You get 50 XP.]
View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum