Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Laerdy11

Laerdya Siannodel's office is actually an enormous laboratory with an "office" desk that takes up much of one corner of the room, and which is currently covered in a thousand little experiments which would probably not react well to being touched. She drifts to a nearby wall cabinet and draws out a pot, then fills the pot with water from a nearby sink, then puts the pot on a little magical fire to boil.

This much done, she seems tired and worn out. Nodding at Ellowyn, she points a perfect graceful finger to a nearby cabinet. "Teas are in there? I... there's several flavors. Feel free?" Closing her eyes, she presses the very tips of her fingers to her forehead and appears to be meditating. The indicated cabinet does indeed include little bottles labeled in neat elvish handwriting. If Ellowyn doesn't read elvish, they will have to ask--or sniff.

---
[OOC: Reaction to Ellowyn and Rik, then I'll start bringing the other threads in. Everyone passes through the lush waiting room described in "Feytower - Front Door", sees the office door is open, and heads inside at their discretion. So when I say "Sunrise, you're up", it's up to Griff whether she waltzes in with a song or sticks her head in to say "er, excuse me, but...?"

When you come inside, you see Laerdya Siannodel for the first time (excepting repeat visitors to the tower like Thimb). She does not, perhaps, look like the capable and powerful wizard built up in the public imagination. She is slender and almost faintly girlish despite her advanced elven age, with blue eyes red from crying and lack of rest. Blond hair in a loose plait brushes the back of her heels, and her dress is a fine white material that sparkles as though it was spun from spiderwebs and starlight rather than mere cotton or wool.]

2Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
OOC I have some questions.

The cabinet can you describe it to me please? I need to try and visualise what exactly Ellowyns going to do. Because they are a tea fan but also this is an elf's room and they are smaller.

Also the tea selection how many jars are we talking I'm imagining like the cabinet being full of them.

3Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[A standalone cabinet that comes to a little over waist-high for a human; the top of the cabinet is where you would set a teapot or cups or sugar bowl. Opening the doors to the cabinet, they find rows and rows of bottles with loose tea leaves. At least fifteen glass bottles of different flavors.]

4Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 am

OrchidsandBones

OrchidsandBones
Father Rik finds an open piece of wall and settles himself there. His concerned frown looks forbidding to any who do not know him. He waits impatiently for the explanation to continue paying close to atrention to all manner of things and people that enter the room.

5Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn stands at the cabinet it comes up to their chest height making them uncomfortably aware of their chest, nevertheless they had a task to complete and they were grateful of the distraction from the feelings lingering loudly in the room their own and Laerdyas mingling into a stifling funk.

They open the cabinet and are faced with 15 jars of indeterminate contents and they breifly panic, all the labels are in elvish, not a language they are familiar with.

They quickly decide to risk smelling the teas not wanting to yet again draw attention to themselves.

The first row of jars where all very fruity in nose some with notes of berry others, with notes of citrus one that smelt like a strange mix of flowers and all fruits. They consider a moment seeing if the smells felt like they could lift some of this funk.

As they pause Ellowyn realises that instead of getting their frantic eye signals that were trying to indicate needing help Rik has decided to add to the emotional swamp they were navigating with his own agitation and silence.

So much for him knowing this elf and perhaps how to cheer her, more serious than Ellowyn had imagined in their idle infatuation. Nothing like when he plays with the children.

They continue on smelling the next row of teas these being spicy and warm they stop. This is the right row definitely something warm and protective.

They eventually opt for a tea that smells of ginger cinnamon and somehot savory spice they could quite place it had a mellow and sweet finish that felt like a hug. This was the tea for the mood.

They finish up preparing setting enough cups for...

They realise they don't know how many are expected to join them.

As the water begins to boil they turn and politely cough to catch Laerdyas attention.

"Scuse me Ma'am begging your pardon but how many will be joining? I'd like to make enough for everyone."

6Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Laerdya takes a moment to open her eyes; when she looks in Ellowyn's direction, it's as though she's been asleep and can't quite remember how she got here or who Ellowyn is. Blinking several times, she considers the question. "Eight," she says very softly. "Eight will be joining us. Thank you."

[Sunrise, you're up; you navigated your way upstairs the fastest, despite your detour with Luther and the homunculus.]

7Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Griffin

Griffin
As if on cue, there's a knock at the door.

8Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"It's open?" Laerdya calls faintly from her seat, closing her eyes again and pressing the tips of her fingers to her eyelids. The door is, in fact, open a fraction of a foot.

9Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise takes a deep breath, stands up straight, and steps inside.

The others see a slight tiefling woman clad in an ivory dress the same color as her horns. On her shoulder is a... creature, although what type of creature is hard to determine.

Her eyes scan the room. When they land on Ellowyn they light up, though the expression on her face never changes. Rik is observed and sized up. When she locates their hostess, she steps forward and drops into a deep, genuinely respectful curtsey. "Laerdya Siannodel?"

10Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The elvish woman opens her eyes at her name, looking over the newcomer with those watery blue eyes which look so red and washed out with weeping and the deprivation of rest. "Yes?" she answers in a soft voice, looking a little unsure why she's been named. Her gaze slides over Sunrise without any particular reaction one way or another to her appearance or tiefling nature, but the creature on her shoulder receives the tiniest spark of interest from the weary woman.

"Oh! You brought a homunculus. I... suppose we'll need another cup of tea in that case. I didn't think about familiars and the like. I'm sorry." These last words are directed to Ellowyn with such a deep and profound sorrow one might think the distraught woman was apologizing for an unforgivable sin.

[OOC: Thimb and Ka'Ri, come on in.]

11Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:56 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
The closer they got, the more lush and rich the decor got. Starting to feel a little nervous, knowing she was here not just to drop something off but to actually do something, Thimb started to grow quiet.

Sensing her nerves, and presuming it was because everything was so dang fancy, Hamish stretched out, shifting his coat from its usual reds, browns, and white to a shimmery green and black like the more subdued cousin of a peacock to better match Thimb's dress. They nuzzled her leg before seeing the slightly open door ahead and, before Thimb could stop them, trotted in, head held high, waiting to be addressed by the room.

Thimb stared in mute horror for a moment before rushing in after him, "I'm-so-sorry," she began, "sometimes-Hamish-just-gets-ahead-of-himself-and-" she froze and looked around the room.

There were more people here than she had expected and she felt like they were all staring at her.

So much for making a good first impression.

She cleared her throat, and offered a smile, "Yes, hi, hello, uhm, I'm Thimbwick Riptide, but, uh, j-just call me Thimb- well, I guess you knew that," she said to Lady Siannodel, "er, I mean, it's okay if you forgot, we've just met a few times, and j-just in passing, so I shouldn't assuming you remember someone like me and-" there was the equivalent of a full body cringe that flashed across Thimb's face as she rambled, "Muffins?" she offered, holding up the basket as her voice went up a full octave.

12Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Outside the Door:

With a practiced confidence Ka'Ri steps through the door and nods at Laerdys.

"Salutations, Lady Laerdys, I am terrible sorry for any delay in our arrival. How may we be of service?"

The people inside see a confident young elvish rogue.

"Perception >18:

13Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise blinks, amused, at the antics of whatever the creature was that barged in, then quickly composes herself. She nods to the new arrivals. "And I'm Sunrise," she tells the elven woman, her voice instinctively growing more gentle at her host's odd reaction. "You asked my mentor, Veshti Selmer, to send me here?"

14Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Laerdya Siannodel seems, for just a moment, entranced by Hamish. "Oh! Look at you! Well, I don't know what you are! I see the owlish intent, yes, but the final construction seems to have a good deal of... is it cat? Do come here, little one, I won't hurt you." She pats her lap, distracted by the little creature.

Then she looks up at her guests and the veil of sorrow slams back down on her. "I... no, thank you," she murmurs, shaking her head at the offer of muffins. "Do feel free to-- If the others-- With their tea." She nods helplessly in the direction of Ellowyn where they work setting out cups.

Ka'Ri and Sunrise seem only to befuddle her further. "Veshti... Selmer? Why does that name ring a bell? I'm not sure. I have a list. Give me a moment." Digging in her desk, she takes several long heartbeats to pull out a fine scroll with names written in a lovely cursive script. "No, there's no Veshti Selmer on here. I'm sorry," she apologizes to Sunrise with evident embarrassment. "Do you have the right office, mistress Selmer?"

A knock on the door forestalls any answer. Laerdya closes her eyes again, apparently fighting back tears. "It's still open? It hasn't stopped being open." A note of tired hysteria registers on the very edges of her wavering voice.

---
[OOC: Glen and Sithani, that's you two. Come on in. Everyone else, post as ye wish; we're not going to be able to keep within rounds due to the time zones in play. We'll try not to run too far ahead without anyone, but let me or the others know if you feel like you're being left behind. No player left behind!]

15Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise exchanges a worried glance with Ellowyn, then steps to Laerdya. Crouching next to her, she puts a hand on the elven woman's shoulder. "Everyone's just trying to be polite," she soothes. "I know it's frustrating to have to repeat yourself. I'm sorry. My name is Sunrise," she says. Her voice projects calm, reassurance, safety. "There, see?" She points. "On the list. We're all here to help, ma'am. However we can."

16Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:54 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimb always told Hamish not to just go jumping into people's laps, but, the blond lady had invited him to, and she seemed sad, so, it was fine, right? He walked forward with purpose before with an elegant jump landing in her lap, setting their shiny down on the desk as an offering and giving their best big innocent eyes and cooing in what they figured was an inviting and endearing sort of way.

Thimb, who was still awkwardly holding the basket of muffins, sort of wilted where she stood. At least Hamish seemed to be making a good impression?

17Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn starts at the sound of a familiar voice.

Turning they see a friendly face but one they weren't expecting. They smile at sunrise tightly and then a look of shock passes over their face as they register the adorable creature on her shoulder

As more people enter Ellowyn seemlessly adjusts the number of cups.

The air of the room get more and more fraught with tension.

They share a worried look with sunrise

Desperate to help Ellowyn is about to ask if laerdya if she would like some honey in the tea when a creature unlike anything they had ever seen. Gamboling in with such energy that Ellowyn couldn't help but giggle quietly.

Oh there that's better animals always make everything better. Feeling calmer than before Ellowyn makes the executive decision to add a small amount of honey just a slight taste and strides confidently towards the elven woman

"There now ma'am you drink this and if you don't mind I can check your list for you see if everyone is in the right place? Don't you worry." They smile warmly at laerdya

"I don't know about anyone else but I would love a muffin" turning to the fellow gnome and attempting to reassure them.

Finally turning to the rest of the group " I'm Ellowyn they of the outside nature clerical of Ehlonna pleased to meet you"

18Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen has fallen a bit quiet after his discussion of nature and homes with Sithani, especially at the opulent wealth on display in the outer rooms. After knocking, he feels a twinge of worry at the tone of whomever answered. He steps through the doorway and is surprised to see an assortment of different folks from clearly different callings and backgrounds. It does seem like a team was being assembled, as he and Sithani had speculated earlier. His eyes do stop on the muffins for an extra second - they honestly just look really good, and he had been too nervous to eat much this morning - but he stops himself from going over to ask about them.

Glen walks smoothly up to the table, confident and hoping to make a good impression on his new commander. He sees she is distressed and sees the tiefling gently addressing her and the... critter? hopping up on her lap. He waits, not wanting to interrupt . When she is finished, he for a moment considers addressing her differently than he had been rehearsing again and again in his head to try and get it right, but he does not want to cause any embarrassment. "Miss Siannodel," he says gently, the same words he practiced but less forcefully,  "I am Glynlen Liadon, he of the Eighth Division.” He takes the Eighth Division symbol out of his pocket again to identify himself, as he did to the waspkeeper downstairs, shows it to Laedrya, and then puts it back. “Eighth Division Vice-Captain Dolores Imokina told me to report to you for assignment. I am at your disposal, ma'am." He pauses, having reached the end of what he prepared. "...And, yes, here to help however I can."

Not really knowing what else to do, Glen bows slightly and awaits instructions, although his eyes linger on the critter in Laedrya's lap, trying to figure out what it is.

Then, when the cleric introduces themself and breaks the ice on muffins, he can't help himself. While trying not to turn away from his host, he sort of sidesteps over towards Ellowyn and the gnome with the muffins. He kind of whispers out of the side of his mouth "Glen, he of the Eighth Division, nice to meet you both! These muffins look great, do you mind?"

Nature check to identify Hamish, if possible:

19Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri shuffled casually over to where Thimb is standing and in the guise of brushing some fluff off her boot, she leans down and whispers to her, "I think it's okay. I'm sure she greatly appreciated the offer and based on what she said about Hamish, I'd say she is most impressed with your work."

Ka'Ri then straightens back up and approaches the desk casually, scanning the page for her name before letting out a slow breath.

"I am Ka'Ri Af Osprem, she of the sea, nice to meet you all," she says with a charming air as if introducing herself personally to the room before returning to an inconspicuous place near Thimb.

20Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[OOC: I'm.... I'm going to let Erika answer that 21 roll on what Hamish is.]

21Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
It did not take an expert on nature to know that Hamish wasn't quite... any one thing. Almost griffiod in form, but, not quite. A mix of owl and cat mostly at the moment, with a magnificent fan of tail feathers and pointed ears far too large for them. Magic, in nature, most would correctly assume, and domestic, given how friendly they were.

Thimb relaxed a little as people helped themselves to muffins. She offered the basket up higher, into easier reach for the elf, "Thimb Riptide, chimera rancher. And help yourself, please" she whispered back, "I like the cinnamon apple but blueberry crumble is a classic, oh, and the poppy seed is really good, too. Well, they're all really good, but you know," she smiled bashfully.

She was glad Ka'Ri was staying close to her, and tried to express that with a quiet smile. This... what ever it was, was not her element.

22Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:15 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen, after noting the critter's interesting qualities, really should just shut up, stand still, and wait for his orders. If he were surrounded by military folks, it would be easy to drop right into their routines and mannerisms. But here, now, there are people (and critters!) of all kinds, and Thimb is so nice to tell him the different muffin choices, and she might have one of his favorite muffins, so he can't help but ask, "The poppyseed ones wouldn't happen to be lemon poppyseed, would they?" He grins sheepishly. "My absolute favorite, and I didn't have enough to eat this morning.

23Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Do they make them without lemon?" she asked failing to mask her offense at the mere idea. "No, this bakery is good, they're lemon poppy seed," she said with a sagely nod as if to say 'I got you'. She also noticed the occasional glances at Hamish, "Ah, that's Hamish," she said nodding towards her familiar, "they're harmless."

24Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Right? Who would want a poppyseed muffin without lemon?" He chuckles. Yeah, okay, it was not the smartest question, but he was nervous and it seemed like she might be too. He takes a muffin. "Thank you so much! And thanks for the tip about Hamish!" He smiles warmly and takes way too big a bite, trying to finish it quickly before their host, his new commander, notices.

25Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn is distributing the tea they selected to everyone quietly smiling and hoping the mood has broken and is on the up.

(OOC night y'all!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum