Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sailing Home (Everyone)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 am

fruitbat

Sithani sticks out her tongue.

52Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"What, against Betreygis?" Korogur laughs easily, looking delighted. "Yes! Well, maybe. Eh, crossing swords with him would probably be the death or ruination of me, but it'd be worth it just to see the look on his face. Delicious. And what kind of pirate would I be if I couldn't take a risk or two?"

---

Tree takes the offered handkerchief and offers a watery smile at all this. "My Mother is Yondalla," she explains to Thimb in a halting voice, blushing a little. "I'm one of her miracle babies. She made me with her own hands. I visit her temple and talk to her whenever I can. I miss her out here on the ocean, but I think she still hears me when I speak."

53Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen grins, looking fit to burst. He raises a hand to clap Korogur on the shoulder but thinks better of it and just gives him a gentle pat instead. "Thorn will be thrilled. Thank you." After a moment, he adds, "And you won't stand against Betreygis alone, if it comes to that. I promise you that."

54Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"It would be strange if a goddess couldn't hear her own creation just because of some water, wouldn't it?" the question probably sounded like a joke with the half smile and head tilt, but Thimb was being serious. She really didn't get the whole deity thing but had made peace with the fact she didn't.

Hamish gave up on getting pets from Tree and began climbing Thimb's leg to demand them from her. She sighed and bent down to scoop them up.

55Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

fruitbat

"Can I ask you a question?" Sithani asks Tree. "I know you haven't been with Korogur's crew for long, but... you mentioned back in the cave that if Mokoz creates a cure, it'll be distributed to the poor first. What sort of relationship do the Redfangs and their organisation have with the common folk in their territory?"

To Sunrise, she projects, <The Westside Boss wants Thorn to do him favours. He also seemed interested in reclaiming Redfang territory. You've lived in the slums; do you know how gangs work? I need you to fact-check whatever I get from this.>

56Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree blinks at Sithani and shakes her head. "Oh! Well, I mean, we're going to give the cure to pirates, obviously! They know all the poor places in the city. And it'll spread out from there, once people know there's a cure to get!"

57Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:28 pm

fruitbat

Sithani nods encouragingly. "And the pirates - besides your crew - can be trusted to give out the cure to the common folk?"

58Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Well, the good ones, yes!" Tree agrees with an encouraging smile. "Not all of them are good, of course."

59Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:41 pm

fruitbat

Sithani nods. "True, alas. So there is the first problem: how to stop the bad ones thwarting the good ones' attempts to give the cure away and instead selling it. Which are the ones you can trust?"

60Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Nobody's going to pay for something that other people are giving away for free," Sunrise points out with a shrug. "So the trick is to have multiple points of distribution, too many for anyone to shut down or intimidate. I'm sure Ka'Ri's crew would help, for instance. And remember, reputation is a currency too. Gouging the public for a life-saving medicine works if all you ever want to be is a crime boss, but for anyone with aspirations of going legit, this is a golden opportunity to put some shine on their image." She grins, a little cynically. "Take away the possibility of profit by giving it away for free, and I bet you a copper you'll see hardened criminals falling over each other to be the one who gives the most away. No, where it's going to get tricky is when you get into the question of the people who can afford to pay. Should they get charged? If so, who makes the call? Should they also get it for free? In that case who's buying the materials to keep making the cure? Figure that out, because I promise you the first time a child from a rich family dies when people in the slums have already gotten cures, the wrath of the Nine Hells is gonna descend on everyone even remotely involved with it."

She shakes her head then. "But on a more immediate note, I am curious: this amulet that started all the trouble. Does it help you even when you're not wearing it?" Giving Tree a quizzical look, she adds, "It's just that you're hardly the frail and wilting flower we were led to expect."

61Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"The ingredients are kind of a problem, yeah," Tree admits. "And it's not just a cost thing that could be offset with donations; a lot of the stuff Mother and Mokoz are tinkering around with just isn't made or grown in huge quantities. We're... thinking that one through."

At Sunrise's question, her eyes slide away. "The sea air is very healthful."

62Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 am

Griffin

Griffin
She raises an eyebrow and waits.

63Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree ignores the silence, choosing this moment to notice Hamish's shameless begging for attention and pats.

64Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:08 pm

fruitbat

"Rich people ruin everything," Sithani mutters under her breath. "Are you implying, Tree, that you suspect your mother of poisoning you to make sure you wouldn't leave her care?"

65Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:45 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"I can maybe help in finding alternative ingredients" said Thimb, her voice small, "Once they have a formula, that is. I'm good at finding substitutes for these things. It's, uh, kind of my specialty? I mean I doubt I'm as good at it as more formally trained wizards, but, I-I could help?" she squeaked.

Hamish, finally validated, wiggled in delight.

66Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

fruitbat

At the risk of turning everyone blue, Sithani thinks, but refrains from commenting.

67Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree looks up in alarm at Sithani's question. "What? No! I just. Look, I don't know." Sighing, she glances in the direction of Glen and Korogur, making sure her boyfriend isn't listening. "Either I'm doing really well out here because it agrees with me and I'm awesome, or the amulet is still working on me and will continue to do so until we can neutralize its effects." She rubs her hands up her arms and looks away. "At which point I guess we'll see how it goes."

68Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise winces. "Do you remember when you first got it, and when she first took it back from you?" she asks gently. "Did you feel a noticeable change either time?"

69Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I felt loads better after she gave it to me," Tree says, her gaze sliding away again. "But it took... a while. Wasn't immediate. So when she took it away, I wasn't surprised that there wasn't a sudden effect, because the onset hadn't been sudden. But when I feel bad now, it's hard to tell whether it's because I don't have the amulet or in spite of its magic. You know? It's a guessing game and no one can tell me the answer. Drives me mad."

70Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods, her eyes also sliding towards Korogur. "What happens if we stop the plague and you get sick?" she asks quietly. "Too sick to stay here?"

71Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree looks away, her voice turning pained and defensive. "I'm not leaving him," she insists in a hard whisper. "I'm not. I won't. I'll just... have to manage."

72Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 pm

fruitbat

"Is it the sea in itself that you love, or just being able to be in a relationship with Korogur?" Sithani asks gently.

73Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:35 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Also- I mean- even if the answer is both and you do get sick again... it's not like your only options are "living in the fey tower" or "living on the boat". You're a talented wizard, you could just set up shop in an ocean side town and be the town enchanter and hire a live in nurse or- or something," she said trying to be comforting. To make the question a little less daunting. She also entirely believed what she said. She understood it would be difficult, but she feared Tree, having been locked up in the tower for so long being told she was frail and needed care didn't see that care could come in a lot of forms from a lot of people- especially if you had the coin for it. Which... talented wizards tended to. But then again what did she know? She had lived on her family farm her whole life and cobbled together her own education from books and whoever she could beg to tutor her for a few hours here and there.

74Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree gives Thimb a wan smile, but her heart isn't in it. "I... I guess we'll see," she says quietly. "I won't leave him, though."

75Sailing Home (Everyone) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sailing Home (Everyone) Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:27 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"No one's telling you to," said Thimb gently, "I just want you to understand that you have choices, and that staying with him doesn't necessarily mean staying on the ship, y'know? Or at least not full time? There's a lot of flexibility in the situation is all I'm saying," she rubbed the back of her head, "sorry, I'm- I'm not good at pep talks, but I mean it! You're bright and clever and talented, don't let anyone tell you that isn't worth something!" Thimb was in an odd position of being a near stranger to Tree but having read her journal felt fairly close to her. She so earnestly wanted Tree to see those things about herself. It was the bane of so many young women to doubt and dismiss themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next