Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sailing Away (Everyone)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

76Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise spends most of the trip trying not to get in anyone's way, though she chats with the crew if she can do so without distracting them. As they approach the caves, however, she leans against the rail and looks out at them, eyes alight.

Leaning over, she murmurs into Glen's ear, softer than the sound of the sea surrounding them. "Remember, Mr. Deputy: we're not here to fight if we can avoid it."

77Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:44 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks at her, slightly taken aback. He whispers, "I just want to be ready for anything. I'm not going to lose any more friends. Not today, not ever."

78Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She runs a hand over his back in a friendly manner. "We're not losing anyone today." Then she sighs. "I'm just. On edge. Gonna be tough, convincing them we're not a threat but also not prey."

79Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen gives her shoulder a pat. "I hear you. I don't want to use violence either. I won't use this," he nods down at his bow, "unless there's nothing else to be done. But I've gotta come back in one piece. I promised somebody I would." He grins a little at her, assuming she knows what he's talking about. "And I want everyone else to come back similarly intact."

80Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Looking a little relieved to have something, anything to talk about to break the tension, she raises a delighted eyebrow. "Oh?" she murmurs, voice still pitched low. "Just one somebody?" Her eyes dart mischievously towards Bruiser.

81Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:16 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen flushes a little with a grin. "Oh, no no." He shakes his head, smiling. "It's. He's. I'm. I mean. He's sweet, but. I'm not." He shakes his head again and takes a quick breath. "No, just one somebody, and he isn't here."

82Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Pity; he's pretty." Then her smile softens. "Things are going well with you and the 'prince', then?"

83Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:17 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. "And talented." He winks. "But, um. Yes. Very well. I had dinner with him last night." Assuming Sunrise will look scandalized, he quickly follows up. "Just dinner! But. He, um. Likes me?" He is bashful and jubilant at the same time. "And I really like him. So. I have to make it back. It wouldn't do to keep him waiting." He grins, also glad for the distraction, and for comforting thought of seeing him again.

84Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She smiles. "I'm happy for you. And yes, that boy deserves all nice things, so we need to get you home safe."

85Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:58 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. "He does." He looks up at her again as Elen gets up to rub against her legs. "How are things on your end? I saw you rush off yesterday, but I don't remember you having anywhere to be related to." He gestures vaguely. "All this?"

86Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
As they approach the threshold of the caves, Bruiser looks around at Glen and Sunrise. Their whispering is so soft that not even a cat could hear, but they cannot be too cautious now. Bruiser touches Glen firmly on the leg and makes a 'shhhing' face before turning back to watch the watery darkness ahead.

87Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise gives Glen a smile in answer, but falls silent as the darkness envelops them. Touching his arm to excuse herself, she disappears down into the captain's cabin.

88Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:33 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen, embarrassed he forgot himself, gives Sunrise a solemn nod as she departs. He touches Bruiser's shoulder in recognition of his command. He shakes off his embarrassment, nocks an arrow but does not draw his bow, but is ready to draw at any time, watching the darkness around them, careful and still.

((Perception 11.))

89Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Every sound in the darkness, every splash of water against the side of the ship, sounds sinister now. Members of the crew watch Bruiser and Ka'Ri with furtive glances; though the ship was rented legally and everything is above-board, the familiarity of those two with sailing has been noted with suspicion, and there is no good and legal reason to visit these caves. The darkness is oppressive and frightening; there is a helpless feeling sitting on a ship which could crash into a cave wall at any moment and which will absolutely sink and drag you to a watery death if she does. Even those with dark vision are little comforted, for the twists and turns in the caves are such that they can only see ahead for so far.

Glen now has a chance to see just how necessary Bruiser was for this expedition: the caves are a veritable maze of dark tunnels. He tries to keep the path straight in his head from force of habit and years spent navigating the forests, but this is different and after the sixth (or was it the ninth?) turn down a tunnel which looked functionally identical to all the other tunnels, he is forced to give up. No map could accurately contain this place, unless it were a novel of descriptive text. Little wonder why the pirates are so hard to catch in this place and why the city guard gave up long ago.

They've been sailing under the strength of oar for some time--the wooden paddles dipping as noiselessly in and out of the water as the worried crew can manage--when Bruiser raises his hand for an all-stop and points down a wide passage ahead. He looks back at the others, and shrugs. His body language could not be more clear: Korogur's berth is down there; now what?

90Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen steps quietly as he can over to Sithani. He presses a finger to his lips, and follows that with a few gestures. First, beckoning towards him. Another, pointing to himself. A third, pointing to her head, and then outward at everyone else. He gives her an inquisitive look, hoping she understands.

((Stealth 11))

91Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:50 am

fruitbat

Sithani broadcasts the following message to the party. [OOC: since she can't see Sunrise, Sunrise won't be getting this] <Alright, lovely people, I think I'm being asked to relay Glen's messages to you all in the form of charades.>

92Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks at Sithani and nods gravely. He reaches into his pack and pulls out a pen and a slip of paper. He scrawls quickly on it and hands it to Sithani.

Glen wrote:It looks like we're here. Are we all ready?

93Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:08 am

fruitbat

Taking the note closer to the ship's lantern, Sithani projects, <Everyone ready? And could someone who isn't being the psychic relay pass that question on to Sunrise? My thoughts only extend as far as I can see.>

94Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:13 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen gives her a thumbs up and pads quietly back up to the prow, turning to look for signals from the others.

((Stealth 7))

95Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:12 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri settles the crew down as best she can, giving them heartening gestures of support and indications that she will try her best to not put any in harm's way.

Persuasion roll:

She then walks up to the crowd of notes and adds one of her own, not sleight of handed, in front of all of them.

It reads:

"Sailing any further will risk the boat and crew. Recommend we tie off here and have the crew hide and then swim in as a group or take one of the small dinghies. I can scout defenses while you try and parley."

96Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm

fruitbat

<Swim?!> Sithani projects. <I'm wearing armour and a dress! My magic notebook will get ruined! Unless someone knows a spell to walk on water, I'm taking a dinghy.>

97Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods to Ka'Ri, giving another thumbs up.

98Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri nods gratefully to everyone. She didn't want to show it but she was really hoping she could protect the crew as best she could. Before she goes back to guide everyone below deck and into the best hiding spots she could find, she pauses to show a note to Thimb.

It says:

Is there a protection spell we could give to aid the crew in staying safe while we go on ahead?

99Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise makes her way back to the deck. She is dressed in fine clothes now, but still looks as distinct from her normal self as she did in slum rags: in place of white and gold elegance, she is draped in a riot of rich color. Fine cloth in deep jewel tones wraps around her, the cut and style exotic, even barbaric to Brilight sensibilities. She drips with colored jewels and bright gold, not extremely expensive but definitely showy.

It is, of course, designed to send a message. Power. Wildness. Fearlessness, to wear such things while confronting pirates. Wealth, but without the association of softness that Brilight upper-class fashion carries, and an embrace of lifestyles outside of those of the pampered Gold District. Beauty, to catch the eye and hold the attention. It is clearly not made for fighting in; it carries no threat. But it commands respect. It is the attire of a woman who will not be underestimated.

She makes her way to the others, awaiting instruction.

100Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen makes eye contact with Sunrise, almost too focused to even notice the enormous change in her attire. He taps his temple with his right hand, then points over at Sithani. He gives Sithani an expectant look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next