Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sailing Away (Everyone)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Eleint 11

On the morning of Eleint 11, two figures and a panther cub arrive at the blue dock in Redport.

The docks are not a place Glen Liadon is used to being, as almost all of his life has been spent with his feet firmly on the ground, but he relishes the new sights, sounds, and smells of the port - the sea air giving the morning a decidedly different feel than he is used to. He takes in the sight on the morning sun on the water, and of the deckhands hard at work around the port.

Following him, Elen the panther too enjoys the sights and smells around him. He bounds back and forth around the two men, sometimes running over to the water's edge to look down at the reflection of the mysterious black kitten who appears to be down in the water. He manages to tear himself away, though, to go running back over to his ranger.

Glen's stride and demeanor are easy, despite the seriousness of the mission that day. He turns to the other gentleman with him. "A wood elf on the docks? I couldn't feel more out of place if I tried." He chuckles, smiling at Bruiser as they walk.

2Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser looks absolutely delighted to be out and about; freedom seems to agree with the man's digestion and complexion. He pats at Glen's shoulder from time to time, pointing out sights on the docks and murmuring little secretive stories about the people they see and the objects being unloaded. Glen cannot for the life of him tell whether these stories are true or made up from thin air.

Smiling at the antics of the panther kitten, he looks up when Glen speaks and grins again. "Have you never been on a boat before, Ranger? Oh man, your legs are going to be weak tonight." He nudges Glen in the shoulder with his own, winking in case his meaning isn't crystal clear.

3Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm

fruitbat

Sithani is next to arrive, swearing under her breath at the unreasonable morning brightness and why does Pelor have to get up so early anyway. She's in a shorter dress than usual, cut to allow her legs freedom of movement, with leather armour on top of that and her magic rod hanging at her waist.

Upon seeing Glen she waves excitedly and runs toward him. "Yaharr, avast, me hearty! I'm getting this out of my system before Ka'Ri gets here. Be the tides favourable?"

4Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri pops out from below deck of the ship next to them where she had been preparing the temporary crew. "Wait, what about me," she asked quizzically before double-checking the lashing for the sails.

5Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:00 pm

fruitbat

"Oh, great, you're here! How are the conditions for sailing? I can tell there's not a storm right now but that's about it."

6Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen smiles and waves back as Sithani runs up, and laughs at Sithani's excellent pirate impression. He opens his mouth to speak when Ka'Ri pops up, and he flinches a little in surprise. "Hey! Good to see you both!"

Glen gestures to the human man beside him. "I wanted you to meet someone. This is Bruiser. He's a cleric, and he knows the caves. He's going to help guide us to through the caves to Korogur's ship." He looks to Bruiser. "This is Sithani, and over on the ship is Ka'Ri."

7Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:47 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Should be good weather for avoiding chop," Ka'Ri answered as she began climbing to the crow's nest. "Might be a little lighter on winds than I would like, but overall should be a fair sea for newbies."

"Oh and hello Bruiser," she called down as well. "You have the look of someone in the trade, is that so? Because if so, I could use a second pair of eyes up here."

8Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise arrives during these introductions, looking... not like herself. Her hair is tied back in a prosaic braid, there's no visible jewelry, and she's dressed in clothes that would not look out of place in Westside but are a far cry from the elegant white-and-gold dresses she favors: pants and a tunic made of cheap cloth dyed a gaudy blue and yellow. Plain, scuffed boots adorn her feet.

She carries a large suitcase and has a couple oddly-shaped items strapped to her back; around her head, Honey flits excitedly, taking in the sights and sounds and smells of the dock with wide eyes.

"Hi," she announces, joining the group and giving the newcomer the once-over.

9Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen eyes Sunrise with a kidding grin. "Moving in, Sunrise?" He chuckles. "I was just saying, this is Bruiser. He's going to guide us through the caves and take us to Korogur." He looks at Bruiser for another introduction. "Bruiser, Sunrise."

10Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She sniffs. "If there's even a chance of resolving this with diplomacy, I'm going to want to make a strong impression, which means clothes that I don't want to dirty up while working on a ship. Hence, suitcase. Hi, Bruiser." Her eyes flicker between him and Glen for just a moment before she extends a hand.

11Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Cynebeor

Cynebeor
The Riptide twins arrive amidst the flurry of introductions.  In the crush of the docks, with large folks moving large equipment, Jarek gets nervous about the squishiness of his sister, and so he strides up to the group with Thimb on his left shoulder and Hamish on his right.

"Nice morning for a cruise, eh?  Glad to see we're not late.  It has been non-stop chaos at the ranch since I saw you all--but there's no way we'd risk missing out.  Where's the captain of this fine boat?"  Jarek's smile sweeps the group as he does a headcount and stops at Bruiser.  "You are... not Thea Starguide."  He looks to his sister and murmurs, sorry, Thimb.  "Still--I'm Jarek Riptide, he of the Sylvan District... and of Rabhartach.  This here is my twin sister, so you'll have to forgive me for demanding to know why we're trusting you on this deadly little jaunt."  His smile shifts in a way that emphasises the sharpness of his tusks.

12Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser returns Sunrise's once-over with a mischievous grin, and kisses her offered hand with a playful extravagant bow. He otherwise maintains a lowish profile beside Glen, preferring to stay quiet and observe the others with interest as they chatter. Ka'Ri receives an almost imperceptible nod and she recognizes the demeanor of a non-licensed sailor who is choosing not to loudly advertise his skills whilst still on-shore and within reach of the law.

Jarek's question, however, prompts a wide grin. "I can leave, if you like," the man offers cheerily. "Glen here said he needed a guide and I promised to help, but if you don't like the look of me, well, 'better safe than sorry', I always say."

13Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise elbows Jarek gently, looking amused by all this. "I'm sure Glen vetted him thoroughly," she says firmly. "I trust his judgment."

14Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen's eyes sparkle with amusement as Bruiser gives a very Bruiser answer to Jarek's challenge. "I haven't earned your trust yet, Jarek?" He does look a touch hurt at the suspicion being directed at the guest he personally brought and introduced. "I trust Bruiser completely, and I'll take full responsibility for his actions."

As if to signify his agreement, Elen comes over and vigorously rubs his cheek and side against Bruiser's legs while purring, showing that he too approves of and trusts the man.

15Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:14 am

fruitbat

"If we're able to try diplomacy, might it not be received better coming from someone dressed like a pirate? Korogur might not be as interested in the political aspirations of the rest of the family." Sithani grins. "Not that I don't respect someone who brings a change of clothing on a trip like this; fantastic as ever, Sunrise."

16Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise grins in response. "Oh, I chose my outfit very deliberately. You'll see."

17Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 am

fruitbat

"Well now you're just tantalising me," Sithani grins back.

18Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:20 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Jareeek..." Thimb mutterd, almost whined, a little embarrassed by her twin being so protective of her. She had only agreed to ride on his shoulder for the better view. "If I can handle chimeras I can handle-" she stopped herself before saying pirates, spotting Ka'Ri in the crows nest and hoping she wasn't blushing, "-the sea," she said instead. "Not like I've never been on a boat before," one of their Dads had taken them to spend some more time with the Riptide side of the family. Thimb went less than her brother, but she did join in from time to time over the years on shorter jaunts.

She hopped off her brother's shoulder with no concern for the potential drop, having done it a million times before, and held a hand out to their new.... friend..? "Nice to meet you, please excuse my brother, we both died recently so he's still a bit... cautious," she explained.

Hamish was flitting about to the various friends, giving everyone a proper hello. Which from Hamish could be anything from allowing them to pet their soft feathers, a gentle headbutt, or a lick.

19Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Bruiser," the strange man says with a grin, bending to shake her hand. "You have my sympathies. Dying is such a hassle. I refuse to do it, myself."

20Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:23 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen smiles warmly at Thimb. "Hey, Thimb. Good to see you." He flashes a grin at Bruiser talking about dying.

Elen, meanwhile, tries to groom Hamish, and when Hamish flits away, he goes to try and paw playfully at Honey.

21Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:37 pm

fruitbat

"Your cat does know Honey is made of dirt, right?" Sithani shoots a concerned look at Glen. "If he tries to eat that darling homunculus, no one's going to be happy."

22Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Honey, don't get eaten by the kitty," Sunrise says warmly, offering her arm for Honey to perch on. "So. Shall we board?"

23Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:03 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks positively scandalized by the prospect that Elen might harm Honey. "Elen would never hurt Honey! He's just playing! He knows she's a friend, right Elen?" The big baby gives a large, sniffy sneeze suddenly, which apparently means yes. "See. He knows."

24Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:18 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"I'd say I don't recommend it, but I don't remember much about it. The coming back though, oof. That was a hassle," she hoped her being so cavalier about it would at least put Jarek a bit at ease. She knew it was a gamble and might just make him more anxious though. It could be hard to tell with him, and too easy to take for granted how easy going he usually was.

"Wait-" her head snapped over to Sithani, "dirt? I thought there was more to it than that, like, blood?" asked Thimb now completely distracted. Hamish was now trying to circle Elen so they could pounce and ride the kitten into glorious battle. Or just curl up on their soft, soft back. It would be a game time decision.

25Sailing Away (Everyone) Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Cynebeor

Cynebeor
Jarek does his best to hide being flustered by anything that's happening.  They have heroing to do, after all, and the last thing he needs is to be the brittle link in the chain.

"Oh, well, if you vouch for him then that's settled, Glen.  I'd never doubt you--we've been friends for almost a week, after all!"  He claps a hand on each of Glen and Bruiser's shoulders bracingly, and his eyes flicker between them.  "Time just... soars by, in this line of work, eh?"

Stop being weird, Jarek, he tells himself as he turns away.  The pretty man is probably perfectly fine and not going to threaten Thimb at all.  And even then, she's plenty capable herself.  Which everyone needs to remember.  "And Thimb, you know I'd never question you on a ship.  You're a proper Riptide and a dab hand on deck even before we get to the..."  Jarek wiggles his hands and belatedly abandons the word prestidigitation.  "...Fantastic arcane powers.  But if anything's going to put me on edge, I think us having both already died is fair dice."

Jarek inhales a soothing gulp of sea air.  He doesn't know if there's something in his ancestry that makes the ocean feel like a second home, but he's been telling himself there is since he was five, and that's basically the same thing.

"I didn't hear who's captaining, though.  Is it Ka'ri?  What part of the crew should I join for this tour?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next