Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn gazes up at him with a shining smile, entranced by the picture he paints. "Well, I... When you put it that way, I really ought to at least visit sometime," he says shyly. "If...If the elves wouldn't be too upset to see an orc."

---

Luther gives her a relieved smile and offers her his arm as they return to the parlor.

102An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen shakes his head gently. "Not at all. I'll introduce you to everyone and you'll fit right in. Just let me know, and I'll take you." He gives Thorn's hand a gentle squeeze. He looks down, a little shy too. "We should get back." He's reluctant - it's clear he would be more than happy to stay. But he knows they should.

103An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise leads Luther back in, her arm through his; her expression warms when she sees Ka'Ri and Elen together. "Making friends?"

104An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:12 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Elen twists around and looks at Sunrise upside-down, giving her an inquisitive chirp as he does.

105An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn smiles up at him. "Just don't tell everyone I was crying," he says as they walk back to the parlor. This is said in a wry tone; the markings on his face are impossible to mistake.

106An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Your secret is safe with me." He winks, and walks back into the parlor with Thorn.

Elen excitedly jumps up and goes bounding over to his ranger. Glen laughs and squats down, affectionately scratching the baby's head and neck. After a moment, Elen starts snuffing at Thorn's feet. "I forgot to introduce you. Thorn, this is Elen. Elen, this is Thorn." He looks up at the young man with curious, bright eyes and sniffs his hand, hoping for scritches.

107An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:24 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Hello, Elen!" Thorn says happily, obligingly curling his fingers under the panther's chin. "Who is a good baby? You are! You are!"

Then he blushes and straightens, serious in the presence of the others. "I'm, uh, back. Thank you."

108An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:28 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen laughs. "He's an extremely good boy, but he takes up most of the bed." He goes back and retakes his seat on the couch. Elen does not follow, instead leaning into the chin scratches and then commencing vigorously rubbing his head against Thorn's ankles and calves. If Thorn goes and sits down, he will hop up in his lap and continue marking him.

109An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise smiles at these antics, sliding gracefully back onto the couch. "I see that. And I'm glad you're back." She hesitates. "Thorn... I know the topic is probably a little tender right now; if the answer is 'I don't want to talk about it,' that's fine. But if you're willing... could you tell us a little more about Mokoz and how she acted towards you?"

110An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn 'oofs' when Elen crawls up into his lap, but pets him enthusiastically. "Um. Well. She was a little... hot and cold?" he admits. "Sometimes she'd touch my hair, or tell me to think of her like a mother. Other times she'd be so caught up in her projects, she wouldn't really notice anyone. I tried to avoid her, to be honest; the... the moodiness reminded me a little of Mother. My, my mother. I mean. You know what I mean."

111An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods, her expression serious. "How did she react when... when Arnem and Treygis hurt you?" she asks quietly. "Did she know it was happening? Did she say or do anything about it?"

112An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:12 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen listens carefully, pleased with his panther for being So Good and Helpful. Elen, by the same token, is purring loudly and flops over onto his back, inviting Thorn to rub his belly as he keeps rubbing his head against him.

113An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn rubs the kitten absently, mostly consumed by the questions at hand. "Um. I...don't know? It's not like it was something people talked about, you know? And in that family...I don't know if it's an orc thing? But you didn't complain about a few bruises."

114An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
As his pets become more distracted, Elen puts a paw on Thorn's hand and pulls it towards him. Yes, person, pets. Like this. See?

115An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods slowly, brow furrowed. "You know we're trying to find Gwyn Siannodel?" Meeting Thorn's eyes, she asks, "You know Mokoz better than us. If you asked her, as her child, to help you find the girl... do you think she would? Or would she side with the rest of the family?"

116An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn tries to pet Elen properly, wanting to do a good job, but he frowns in thought. "I... I don't know. What you're asking... It would cost her the kinship of the entire family. She doesn't have anyone else. It's... It's a lot to ask."

117An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:22 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Elen purrs contentedly as he gets proper pets.

Glen listens intently, and nods sternly. It IS a lot to ask - both of Mokoz, and of Thorn to do the asking. "And that's predicated on you being willing to ask, which we under no circumstances want to force you to do."

118An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods. "If we knew for sure that Gwyn was in danger, I might press harder," she admits quietly. "But right now we don't know anything for sure. Only guesses. So. Let me put it this way. Would you be willing to talk to her? It wouldn't have to be alone. And if she wasn't willing to go against the rest of the family, do you think she would tell them you asked? Or would she at least stay neutral?"

119An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I would ask for you," Thorn says firmly. He shakes his head gently at Glen. "I'm grateful, really, that you're offering me a choice. I haven't had a lot of those. Thank you. But. You saved me. What kind of person would I be if I didn't help you save someone else?"

Turning back to Sunrise, he hesitates. "I don't know Mokoz well," he admits. "I... I think she might keep a secret for me? I'm not sure enough to bet someone's life on it, I'm afraid."

120An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:09 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks worriedly at Thorn. "We helped you because it was the right thing to do. Of course it meant we might find some leads, but- I mean, I just don't want you to feel so ingratiated to us that you put yourself back into danger because you feel like you have to. I'm not- we won't think differently of you if you don't. But I." He sighs. "I sound like an idiot. I'm sorry." He looks at Sunrise. "To you too. I'm sorry."

121An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She shakes her head. "If you're not sure, we won't risk it," she says firmly. "It was just an idea. We have other leads. Thank you for being willing, though."

122An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn places a gentle hand on Glen's own hand. "I'm not going to turn around and let some poor girl suffer after everything you all did for me."

To Sunrise he offers an apologetic smile. "If those other leads don't pan out, it's still an option."

123An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods and gently squeezes Thorn's hand. "I understand. And if it comes down to it, you're not going in alone. I'll have your back." He looks at the assembled group to see if there's anything else.

124An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise gives Thorn a tired smile. "Same. And yes, we might end up doing that anyway, but we'll try the other options first." Standing, she offers Thorn a hand as well. "Seriously, thank you."

125An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) - Page 5 Empty Re: An Apt Apertif (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri) Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Thorn stands to shake her hand, then tightly hugs her and Glen. "Thank you. Again. I owe you so much. At least four lives."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum