Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Songs and Secrets (Glen, Sunrise, Ka'Ri)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The pause is longer this time. "My name is Arden Vyshan," the woman says in a quiet voice. "I... I should explain that I have no legal claim to my husband's name, though of course some people extend it as a courtesy in these situations." Her eyes remain downcast, not meeting Sunrise's probing gaze.

Griffin

Griffin
"Your own name is lovely," she says gently. "Arden. Will you sit with me?" Her voice doesn't regain its energy, but her smile becomes more merry. "I feel foolish offering you the delights of your own party, but have you had a chance to eat? Everything is delicious. The little things there, with the cheese and the spinach, did you make them yourself or have you found an absolute jewel of a caterer? Either way, I'm impressed."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The woman hesitates, but obediently places a few tiny foods on a small plate and follows Sunrise to a seat as demanded. "I... Immeral contracted a caterer, yes," she confirms in a soft voice. "I never did learn my way around a kitchen. I tried."

Griffin

Griffin
She chuckles. "Between you and me, I never did either," she confides. "I know it's more economical to cook for yourself and I really ought to at least try, but I can't help it; I prefer my food unburnt."

Settling into a seat, she gives the woman a sympathetic look. "How are you? I know this last year must have been an ordeal."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
This last statement receives a blank look, confused. "An ordeal?"

Griffin

Griffin
"With Thorn missing," she says gently.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Arden hesitates, unsure how to answer this. "She moved out when she married," she explains.

Griffin

Griffin
It's Sunrise's turn to hesitate. "And then he left his husband's home," she says carefully. "Months ago. He was in hiding for so long... Arden, you...?" She glances in the direction of Immeral and lowers her voice, frowning deeply. "He didn't tell you?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The woman looks very uncomfortable at this line of questioning. "My... child has had a disagreement with... his husband," she fumbles a little. "Emotions are high. Yes, the year has been difficult."

Griffin

Griffin
"'Disagreement' is a mild way of putting it," she murmurs, still frowning. "I'm so glad he's out. He's been through so much." Her expression softens. "I'm just happy he has someone like you, who loves him so much. He needs people who will support him right now."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Arden seems at a loss with what to do with this effusive praise. "Well, I... You never stop loving your child," she offers weakly.

Griffin

Griffin
"It would be nice if all parents felt the same," she says with a touch of sorrow. "I... I know he didn't always get on well with his father. I'm just happy he has you."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The lady frowns very slightly, as if Sunrise had handed her a mathematics problem with a wrong solution written down. "Immeral was...not raised to be effusive. His father was very strict. He tries."

Griffin

Griffin
She doesn't argue this, but there's something very gentle in her face. "It can't be easy to live with, though." She shakes her head. "But. I'm glad Thorn is safe now. Whatever happens next, at least he won't be in danger anymore."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Arden hesitates at this statement, then nods helplessly; whether she agrees or not seems a pointless incidental detail.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise frowns, catching this. "...Or do you think he will be?" she asks, concern in her voice.

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri seems to beam whether or not she is being shunned or not. Her persona has a good reason for being sent away to learn some proper decorum and it's clear she relishes being the whispered talking point as much as the nervous young women approaching her for fashion and gossip. She remains something of a flirt with them as she catches them up, letting any of a certain age who observe her write her off as just another spoiled rich girl too interested in fun of a carnal variety to be of any use knowing further.

She does spy out of the corner of her eye Glen's surreptitious conversation with Thorn and allows herself a small smile at that. He deserves some kindness after all he's been through. Especialy today. She makes a mental note to apologize to him once they are back in the carriage after the evening's festivities.

Beyond that, she waits near Veshti, partially chastened, especially after each psuedo-flirtation with the young women who approach her and waits to see if anyone interesting or notable comes up to greet her and hoping beyond hope that Luther or Immeral will not be among their number.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Veshti keeps her chastened ward on a short leash for the evening, which is good for their cover; as long as people "know" what she was getting up to earlier, no one will suspect anything different.

Arden hesitates again, this question being impossible to answer. "I... hope everything will be fine."

Griffin

Griffin
She softens and nods sympathetically. "Me too. If something does seem off, let me know? I don't want any harm to come to him or those babies." Gently, she reaches over and puts a hand atop Arden's. "Or if you just want to talk about any of this, for that matter. May I call on you again?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Arden starts in surprise at her touch. "Um." She looks over at Veshti, who is a respectable and useful ally her husband is trying to cultivate. "I... Yes. If you want?"

Griffin

Griffin
"I would like that." She squeezes Arden's hand once, gently, then withdraws hers. "I don't think we'll stay much longer; I should make the rounds. But I'm glad I got to meet you. I look forward to seeing you again."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Thank you," the woman murmurs dutifully as Sunrise withdraws. Soon thereafter, she disappears into the back kitchens.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise does make the rounds, attempting to have a pleasant conversation with everyone before making her way back to Veshti.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
After a decent amount of time has passed, Veshti takes her gently by the arm. "Are you ready to call it a night, dear?"

Griffin

Griffin
"And how," she murmurs back. "Lead the way."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum